Legend of the Black Shawarma
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Legend of the Black Shawarma|
|Studio album by Infected Mushroom|
|Released||September 8, 2009|
|Recorded||Infected Mushroom Studio|
|Genre||Psychedelic trance, trip hop, industrial, psychedelic rock|
Alternative Distribution Alliance
|Infected Mushroom chronology|
Legend of the Black Shawarma is the seventh studio album by psychedelic trance duo Infected Mushroom released on 8 September 2009. The album is named after a shawarma, a Middle Eastern wrap/sandwich; the equivalent of the döner kebab in Turkey or the gyros in Greece. The title was also inspired by Shawarma Hazan, a shawarma restaurant where Erez and Amit used to eat in their hometown, Haifa.
Infected Mushroom had originally intended for the album to be a concept album, the concept being a food diary of the group's favorite restaurants. Thus came the first tracks written for the album, named after the restaurants Poquito Mas, Saeed, Franks, and most notably Shawarma Hazan. However, the group eventually decided to break off from this concept, with songs such as the lead single, Smashing the Opponent.
- "Poquito Mas" (Spanish for "Little Bit More" [sic]) – 3:39
- "Saeed" (سعيد, Arabic for "Happy") – 7:03
- "End of the Road" – 6:47
- "Smashing the Opponent" (Vocals: Jonathan Davis of Korn) – 4:10
- "Can't Stop" – 7:23
- "Herbert the Pervert" – 7:17
- "Killing Time" (Vocals: Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction) – 3:04
- "Project 100" – 9:38
- "Franks" – 8:05
- "Slowly" – 9:00
- "The Legend of the Black Shawarma" – 7:11
- "Riders on the Storm" (Remix of song by The Doors) – 4:29
- "Bust A Move" (Infected Mushroom Remix) – 9:10 (iTunes Bonus track, appears at 7th track on the album)
- Brian Porizek - art direction, design
- Jeff McMillan - cover artwork
- UZIgraphics - design (logo)
- Paul Oakenfold - executive producer
- Infected Mushroom - performers
|U.S. Billboard 200||172 |
|U.S. Billboard Top Electronic Albums||9 |
|U.S. Billboard Top Independent Albums||32 |
|U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers||8 |
|Top 100 Mexico||55 |
- Shim, Dave. Legend of the Black Shawarma review Retrieved on 2009-10-13.
- "Infected Mushroom - Legend Of The Black Shawarma (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-07-08.
- "Music Charts, Most Popular Music, Music by Genre & Top Music Charts". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-07-08.
- Steffen Hung (2010-07-19). "Infected Mushroom - Legend Of The Black Shawarma". mexicancharts.com. Retrieved 2011-07-08.