November 5, 1992 |
|Education||Georgia State University|
|Title||Miss Capital City 2012
Miss Georgia 2012
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss America 2013|
She won the title of Miss Georgia on June 23, 2012, when she received her crown from outgoing titleholder Michaela Lackey. Jordan’s platform is the “Sibling Support Project,” a national program designed to increase peer support and information opportunities for siblings of special needs children. Her older brother suffers from numerous health problems, including deafness, cerebral palsy and epilepsy, inspiring her work with families with special needs children. Her competition talent was a ballet en pointe to “He's a Pirate.” Jordan was home-schooled though high school, and plans to attend college at Georgia State University to study nursing and become a pediatric oncology nurse practitioner.
- "2012 Miss Georgia crowned". accessnorthga.com. June 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Leighton Jordan is crowned Miss Georgia". WTVM. June 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Miss Georgia Leighton Jordan only 19, but has wealth of experience". Ledger-Enquirer. June 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Leighton Jordan, Miss Capital City, crowned Miss Georgia 2012". Ledger-Enquirer. June 23, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Miss Capital City wins Ga. crown". Marietta Daily Journal. June 25, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Capital City contestant wins Miss Georgia crown". Athens Banner-Herald. June 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
|Awards and achievements|
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|