|Beauty pageant titleholder|
July 28, 1984
Warner Robins, Georgia, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Georgia 2006, Miss Georgia USA 2008|
Amanda Kozak-Miliner (born July 28, 1984) is a pageant titleholder and educator from Warner Robins, Georgia who competed in the Miss America and Miss USA pageants. She is also the 2015 Georgia Teacher of the Year.
Kozak first competed in the Miss Georgia pageant in 2004 where she won a preliminary evening wear award made the top eleven. The following year representing as Miss Warner Robins 2005 she placed first runner-up to Monica Pang. Kozak represented Georgia in the Miss National Sweetheart pageant, a competition for Miss America state runners-up, in September 2005, and placed first runner-up.
In June 2006, after winning the Miss Valdosta local title, Kozak competed in the Miss Georgia pageant. She won preliminary awards in both the evening gown and swimsuit competitions and was crowned Miss Georgia on 25 June. Her platform for the state pageant was "Positive Role Models Through Mentoring".
Kozak represented Georgia in the Miss America 2007 pageant held in Las Vegas, Nevada on 29 January 2007 and placed second runner-up to Lauren Nelson of Oklahoma. This was the second consecutive year that Georgia placed in the top three, as Pang had placed first runner-up at Miss America 2006. Kozak's talent was a tap dance performance, and her platform issue was Mentoring with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Organization. She was also a finalist for the Quality of Life award.
Georgia Teacher of the Year
On May 16, 2014, Amanda Miliner (previously Kozak) was named the 2015 Georgia Teacher of the Year at the annual banquet ceremony. The Georgia Teacher of the Year serves as an advocate for public education in Georgia.
Kozak's parents were both in the military, and she stayed with friends in Georgia while they were simultaneously deployed, including a one-year deployment in Korea. She is a graduate of Warner Robins High School, has a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education from Valdosta State University. At the time she held the Miss Georgia title she was working as a third-grade teacher.
Kozak wed her college sweetheart, Kellen Miliner, on March 20, 2010.
- Polling, Dean (2007-11-15). "Former Miss Valdosta is Miss Georgia again". The Valdosta Daily Times.
- Downey, Maureen. Fourth grade teacher Amanda Miliner of Houston County wins Georgia Teacher of the Year. Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 2014, http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/get-schooled/2014/may/16/fourth-grade-teacher-amanda-miliner-houston-county/.
- Associated Press (2004-06-24). "Miss Conyers Cherry Blossom wins second preliminary". First Coast News.
- "Georgia's Kelley Bradshaw Wins National Sweetheart". The Chattanogan. 2006-09-04.
- "Miss Capital City Wins Second Preliminary". First Coast News. 2006-06-21.
- Associated Press (2006-06-25). "Miss Valdosta wins Miss Georgia title". Athens Banner-Herald.
- Hennessey, Kathleen (2007-01-30). "Oklahoman Wins Miss America Crown". The Washington Post.
- "2007 Miss America Quality of Life Finalists Announced". CMT News. 2007-01-23.
- Eaken, Alicia (2006-08-02). "Miss Georgia returns home". WALB 10 News.
- Quade, Eric (2008-04-29). "Former resident, beauty, competing for Miss USA title". Barron News Shield.
- Gordon, Jenny (2007-01-31). "Supporters 'thrilled' about Miss Georgia's performance.". The Macon Telegraph.
- Curl, Eric (2007-05-09). "Miss Georgia has message for Effingham students". Savannah Morning News.
- "Amanda Kozak & Kellen Miliner". Wedding Channel. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- Miss Georgia official website
- Miss Georgia USA official website
- Miss Warner Robins official website
- Georgia Teacher of the Year program official website
|Miss Georgia USA
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|