Wiseman in June 2007
|Born||Len Ryan Wiseman
March 4, 1973
Fremont, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, producer|
Kate Beckinsale (m. 2004; separated 2015)
Wiseman began his career in film as a property assistant on a number of Roland Emmerich films: Stargate (1994); Independence Day (1996); and Godzilla (1998). After creating advertisements for clients including Sony, he directed music videos for artists such as Megadeth, En Vogue and, Static-X. He received a Best Art Direction nomination for Quarashi's "Stick 'Em Up" at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards and a Best Director nomination for Rufus Wainwright's "Across the Universe" at the Music Video Production Association (MVPA) Awards.
In 2003, Wiseman co-created and directed the film, Underworld. Despite receiving generally negative reviews from critics, the film did well at the box office and has gained a cult following. He directed the 2006 sequel Underworld: Evolution and acted as a producer for both Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, Underworld: Awakening and Underworld: Blood Wars.
In 2007, he directed the fourth installment of the Die Hard series, Live Free or Die Hard, starring Bruce Willis, which opened to generally favorable reviews and box office success. He directed the 2012 release Total Recall, which starred Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, and his wife Kate Beckinsale In 2013 it was announced that Wiseman would direct a live action film version of the comic book series The Darkness (though no updates have been announced as of March 2016).
Wiseman has also directed the pilot episodes of three television series—the 2010 launch of CBS's Hawaii Five-0, the 2013 pilot of Fox's Sleepy Hollow, and the 2016 pilot of Fox series Lucifer. All three series were picked up for ongoing production, though Wiseman was not involved in further episodes.
Wiseman's first marriage was to a kindergarten teacher named Dana. He divorced her, finalized near Christmas 2003, after meeting Kate Beckinsale on the set of the 2003 release Underworld. Beckinsale also ended a relationship with her partner Michael Sheen.
- One Against The Wind (1991)
- Stargate (1994) (property assistant)
- Independence Day (1996) (property assistant)
- Men in Black (1997) (property assistant) (uncredited)
- Godzilla (1998) (property assistant)
- Underworld (2003) (director)
- Underworld: Evolution (2006) (director)
- Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (director)
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) (producer)
- Hawaii Five-0 (2010) ("Pilot")
- Underworld: Awakening (2012) (producer)
- Total Recall (2012) (director)
- Sleepy Hollow (2013) (executive producer)
- Max Steel (2013) (executive producer) (writer)
- Underworld: Blood Wars (2016) (producer)
- "Len Wiseman Biography". Yahoo! Movies. Archived from the original on August 29, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Live Free or Die Hard". Rotten Tomatoes. Archived from the original on January 23, 2013. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Len Wiseman". The New York Times. Archived from the original on November 3, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- Rich, Katey. "Colin Farrell Confirmed For Total Recall Remake, Which Shoots in May". CinemaBlend.
- "SDCC 2013: Witchblade Will Be Part Of 'The Darkness' Movie [EXCLUSIVE]". July 19, 2013. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- "Len Wiseman Set to Direct Lucifer Pilot for Fox". February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "alexoloughlinrocks.com". alexoloughlinrocks.com. January 27, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "California Births, 1905–1995". Familytreelegends.com. Archived from the original on July 23, 2012. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
- "Kate Beckinsale | Beckinsale Branded Home-Wrecker". Contactmusic.com. May 18, 2004. Archived from the original on May 5, 2013. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- Benjamin, Laura. "Kate's Mr Nobody". Daily Mail. London: Mail Online.
- Kate Beckinsale. "Kate Beckinsale Biography". People. Archived from the original on March 13, 2013. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Beckinsale marries in US ceremony". BBC News. May 11, 2004. Archived from the original on January 28, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "Kate Beckinsale and Husband Len Wiseman Separate After 11 Years of Marriage".