Wiseman at Live Free or Die Hard London premiere, June 2007
|Born||Len Ryan Wiseman
March 4, 1973
Fremont, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, producer|
|Spouse(s)||Kate Beckinsale (m. 2004; separated 2015)|
- For the chemist, see Leonard Albert Wiseman.
Wiseman began his career in film as a property assistant on a number of Roland Emmerich films: Stargate (1994); Independence Day (1996); and Godzilla (1998). After creating advertisements for clients including Sony, he directed music videos for artists such as Megadeth, En Vogue and, Static-X. He received a Best Art Direction nomination for Quarashi's "Stick 'Em Up" at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards and a Best Director nomination for Rufus Wainwright's "Across the Universe" at the Music Video Production Association (MVPA) Awards.
In 2003, Wiseman co-created and directed the film, Underworld. Despite receiving generally negative reviews from critics, the film did well at the box office and has gained a cult following. He directed the 2006 sequel Underworld: Evolution and acted as a producer for both Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and Underworld: Awakening.
In 2007, he directed the fourth installment of the Die Hard series, Live Free or Die Hard, starring Bruce Willis, which opened to generally favorable reviews and box office success. In 2010, he directed the pilot episode of CBS's Hawaii Five-0. He most recently directed Total Recall, which starred Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, and his wife Kate Beckinsale, and was released in August 2012. Wiseman will direct the live action version of The Darkness. In February 2015 was confirmed Wiseman is set to direct the pilot episode of the upcoming Fantasy series Lucifer, based on DC Entertainment Inc. comic with the same name.
Wiseman's first marriage was to a kindergarten teacher named Dana. He divorced her after meeting Kate Beckinsale on the set of Underworld. Beckinsale also ended a relationship with her partner Michael Sheen.
Wiseman married Beckinsale on May 9, 2004, in Bel-Air, Los Angeles, California. They live in Los Angeles. Wiseman is stepfather to Beckinsale's daughter Lily Mo Sheen. The child's biological father, Michael Sheen, has said, "Len is a really lovely man. He has been a fantastic step-father for Lily, I couldn't really want anything better for my daughter." On November 20, 2015 it was announced that after 11 years of marriage they are separating.  
- Stargate (1994) (property assistant)
- Independence Day (1996) (property assistant)
- Men in Black (1997) (property assistant) (uncredited)
- Godzilla (1998) (property assistant)
- Underworld (2003)
- Underworld: Evolution (2006)
- Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) (producer)
- Hawaii Five-0 (2010) ("Pilot")
- Underworld: Awakening (2012) (producer)
- Total Recall (2012) (director)
- Sleepy Hollow (2013) (executive producer)
- Max Steel (2013) (executive producer) (writer)
- Underworld: Next Generation (2016) (producer)
- "Len Wiseman Biography". Yahoo! Movies. Archived from the original on August 29, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "'Underworld' Creator Questions the End of the World". November 10, 2009. Archived from the original on November 11, 2009. Retrieved November 10, 2009.
- "Live Free or Die Hard". Rotten Tomatoes. Archived from the original on January 23, 2013. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Len Wiseman". The New York Times. Archived from the original on November 3, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "alexoloughlinrocks.com". alexoloughlinrocks.com. January 27, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- Rich, Katey. "Colin Farrell Confirmed For Total Recall Remake, Which Shoots in May". CinemaBlend.
- "SDCC 2013: Witchblade Will Be Part Of 'The Darkness' Movie [EXCLUSIVE]". July 19, 2013. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- "Len Wiseman Set to Direct Lucifer Pilot for Fox". February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "California Births, 1905–1995". Familytreelegends.com. Archived from the original on July 23, 2012. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
- "Kate Beckinsale | Beckinsale Branded Home-Wrecker". Contactmusic.com. May 18, 2004. Archived from the original on May 5, 2013. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- Benjamin, Laura. "Kate's Mr Nobody". Daily Mail (London: Mail Online).
- Kate Beckinsale. "Kate Beckinsale Biography". People. Archived from the original on March 13, 2013. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Beckinsale marries in US ceremony". BBC News. May 11, 2004. Archived from the original on January 28, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- Rollings, Grant (January 12, 2011). "I've never felt pressure like playing Clough. He's a mix of Mourinho, Ferguson, Simon Cowell and Oscar Wilde". The Sun (London). Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- "Kate Beckinsale, Husband Len Wiseman Split After 11 Years of Marriage". Sierra Marquina. usmagazine. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Kate Beckinsale and Her Husband, Len Wiseman, Have Split". Anna Moeslein. Glamour Celebs. Retrieved 20 November 2015.