Type of site
|Owner||Rambler Media Group|
|Created by||Anton Nosik|
|Launched||September 18 (?), 1999|
|427 (October 2014[update])|
Lenta.ru (Russian: Лента.Ру; stylised as LƐNTA·RU) is a Moscow-based online newspaper in Russian language, owned by Rambler Media Group which belongs to Prof-Media. It is one of the most popular Russian language online resources with over 600 thousand visitors daily.
In 2013 companies "SUP Media" and "Rambler-Afisha" united in the Combined company "Afisha.Rambler.SUP".
On March 12, 2014 the owner, Alexander Mamut, fired the Editor-in-Chief Galina Timchenko and replaced her with Alexey Goreslavsky. 39 employees out of the total 84, including Director-general Yuliya Minder, lost their jobs. This includes 32 writing journalists, all photo-editors (5 people) and 6 administrators. The employees of Lenta.ru issued a statement that the purpose of the move was to install a new Editor-in-Chief directly controlled by the Kremlin and turn the website into a propaganda tool. Dunja Mijatović, the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media, referred to the move as a manifestation of censorship.
Galina Timchenko, together with a team of around 20 journalists who resigned from their jobs at Lenta.ru, started new internet newspaper Meduza.
- Director-general: Andrey Solomennik
- Editor-in-Chief: Alexey Goreslavsky
- Programmer: Maksim Moshkow (until 2009)
- "Lenta.ru Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "alexa" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Rambler's Top 100 usage statistics for Lenta.Ru". Rambler. 2008-10-20. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Public Discourse in the Russian Blogosphere: Mapping RuNet Politics and Mobilization". Berkman Center for Internet & Society. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- В "Ленте.ру" сменился главный редактор (in Russian). Lenta.ru. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "В Lenta.ru сменился гендиректор и уволились 39 сотрудников". RBC Information Systems. 13 March 2014.
- Дорогим читателям от дорогой редакции (in Russian). Lenta.ru. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- Olga Razumovskaya (2014-03-12). "Russian News Editor Fired Over Ukrainian Nationalist Interview". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Из "Ленты.ру" уволились 39 человек (in Russian). Lenta.ru. 2014-03-13.
- "Кто делает Lenta.ru". Lenta.ru. 2012-11-20.
- "Maksim E. Moshkow". Lib.ru. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- Official website (Russian)
|This Russia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|