|Residence||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Occupation||Journalist, editor, internet entrepreneur|
Leo Resig is the co-owner and CEO of Resignation Media, LLC, the parent company of The Chive, theBERRY.com, theBRIGADE.com, theTHROTTLE.com and TheChivery.com. He started the flagship site, theCHIVE in November 2008 with his brother John Resig. theChive is a popular men's content and commerce destination, which now receives over 18M visitors and over 100M pageviews per month.
Life and career
Hailing from Fort Wayne, Indiana, and graduating from Indiana University, Leo now lives in Austin, TX and works closely with brother John (co-founder of theCHIVE). His sisters, Emily Resig and Megan Resig are also editors at theCHIVE.
Keep Calm and Chive On
Keep Calm and Chive On (KCCO) is modern slang for "don't stress about life, enjoy it." The expression originated during World War II with Keep Calm and Carry On propaganda, but has morphed into a modern pop culture reference revolving around the Chive.
Following the success of theChive, the brothers launched an early version of Tapiture in the Summer of 2012. The site was originally referred to as a "Pinterest for Dudes" and despite skepticism, the site was attracting 1.5 million monthly unique visitors after 6 weeks of its debut. Tapiture was spun out and in September 2012, John Ellis was hired as CEO to raise funds and build the business. Leo is an investor in Tapiture and a member of its board of directors. Tapiture is headquartered in Santa Monica, California.
On October 2, 2015, haven been given no previous indication of its impending closure, Tapiture subscribers received the following email regarding the closing of the website:
Unfortunately, Tapiture is shutting down today. Thank you for supporting us over the last few years.
We know you loved Tapiture—and so did we. Sadly, it has become difficult to grow Tapiture as a standalone business, so this is the end of the road. Like you, we'll all miss it greatly.
You shared over 30 million of your favorite things and we would hate for you to lose them. Through Friday, October 9th, you can download a link archive of everything you’ve tapped by clicking the button below. After that date, Tapiture and all its data will be irrevocably inaccessible.
Thanks again for being a part of the journey.
Until we meet again,
Navigating to www.tapiture.com now redirects to the Playboy store
- "CrunchBase Profile".
- "Is theChive the best site in the world?".
- "Hilarious Interview With Leo Resig Founder Of Resignation Media: "Seriously, Don't Quit Your Day Job"".
- "The Quitting Tale That Suckered the Whole Internet". Archived from the original on 2010-08-15.
- "Meet the Prankster Brothers Behind "Jenny," the Whiteboard-Using, Farmville-Exposing, HPOA Girl".
- "Shattered Dreams: Jenny the Dry Erase Board Girl is Fake".
- "Media Co. behind popular humor sites relocates to Austin".
- "What Is 'KCCO'? What Does KCCO Stand For?".
- "Tapiture Bets Men Will Say, "Hey Dude Check This Out"".
- "Tapiture raises (at least) $450K to prove "Pinterest for bros" critics wrong".
- "Resignation Media Hires CEO John Ellis To Run Tapiture, Its Fast-Growing Pinterest For Men".