|The Blacklist episode|
|Episode no.||Season 2|
|Directed by||Michael Waxman|
|Written by||Brandon Margolis|
|Original air date||April 23, 2015|
Liz and Dembe spring into action to save a lung-shot Red and immediately take him to an enclosed location to treat him. Red regains consciousness and tells Liz to talk to Leonard Caul who might have an idea about the Fulcrum. Liz finds Caul and it is revealed that the Fulcrum is a collection of information regarding political assassinations and terrorism for which the Cabal is responsible. Liz narrowly stops the Director's assassination mission on Reddington by blackmailing him with the Fulcrum. In the aftermath, Tom Connolly ends up having a seat within the Director's Cabal, after having leaked information about Reddington's whereabouts to the Cabal. Liz, frustrated with Reddington's scheming which put Tom Keen in her life, asks Tom about what he knows about Reddington.
"Leonard Caul" premiered on NBC on April 23, 2015 in the 9–10 p.m. time slot. The episode garnered a 1.5/4 Nielsen rating with 7.47 million viewers, making it the third highest-rated show in its time slot behind ABC's Scandal and CBS's Mom. It was also the thirty-first highest-rated television show of the week.
Ross Bonaime of Paste gave the episode a 7.8/10, stating: "The show is trying out new directions and figuring out how to make the most of the bits that have grown tired. It’s taken a really long time for The Blacklist to figure all this out, but 'Leonard Caul' is absolutely the direction this show should be going into as this second season ends."
Jason Evans of The Wall Street Journal gave a positive review of the episode, writing: "Wow! Was this only an hour long episode?!?! It felt like 3 hours’ worth of stuff happened. So many fabulous reveals and so much tension. One of the best episodes of the entire season, in my opinion."
- "Episode Title: (#219) "LEONARD CAUL"". The Futon Critic. 2015-04-23. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Kondology, Amanda (2015-04-24). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Tribune Digital Ventures. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Levin, Gary (2015-04-28). "Nielsens: Jenner interview, 'Grey's'". USA Today. Gannett Company. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Bonaime, Ross (2015-04-24). "The Blacklist Review: "Leonard Caul"". Paste. Paste Media Group. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Evans, Jason (2015-04-23). "'The Blacklist' Recap: Season 2, Episode 19, 'Leonard Caul'". The Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones & Company. Retrieved 2015-06-07.