Li Gen (basketball)
|No. 12 – Xinjiang Flying Tigers|
|League||Chinese Basketball Association|
|Born||August 15, 1988|
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||243 lb (110 kg)|
|2015–present||Xinjiang Flying Tigers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Li started his career with the Shanghai Sharks at the age of 20 during the 2008–09 CBA season. After two winters in Shanghai, he moved to the Qingdao Eagles for the next two years. He averaged 18 points per game to lead all domestic players in scoring during the 2011–12 CBA season, and was also the MVP of that campaign's CBA All-Star Game.
Li then spent the next three years of his career with the Beijing Ducks, helping the Capital Squad capture back-to-back league championships during the 2013–14 CBA season and 2014–15 CBA season. Unable to come to terms on a new contract with Beijing in the summer of 2015, he then signed with Xinjiang instead.
On the international scene, Li represented China national basketball team at the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship in Changsha, China. He scored nine points in 13 minutes of action off the bench, as the PRC beat the Philippines 78-67 in the Championship Game, which was played on October 3.
- Li Gen To Play For Shanghai In National Games
- Beijing Signs 2011-12 CBA Chinese Scoring Champ Li Gen
- Beijing Ducks Ride Play Of Stephon Marbury To Secure Third CBA Crown
- Xinjiang Flying Tigers Sign Li Gen To A Lucrative Contract
- 2015 FIBA Asia Championship – Gen Li's Profile, FIBA.com, accessed 22 February 2016.
- FIBA Asia Championship 2015 Title Game Boxscore