|Directed by||Petr Nikolaev|
|Produced by||Adam Dvořák|
|Written by||Zdeněk Mahler|
|Screenplay by||Zdeněk Mahler|
|Music by||Michal Hrůza, James Harries, Karel Heřman|
|Edited by||Adam Dvořák|
|Box office||50,000,000 Kč|
Lidice (also known as Fall of the Innocent in the UK) is a 2011 Czech drama film produced by Adam Dvořák from a screenplay by Zdenek Mahler. It was initially directed by Alice Nellis, but after she contracted Lyme disease (borreliosis) Petr Nikolaev took over. It tells a story involving the Nazi massacre at—and destruction of—the Czech village of Lidice. It was released in June 2011.
The film is presented as a true story set during World War II. With the German takeover of Europe underway, the deputy Reichsprotektor Reinhard Heydrich arrives in Prague and his underlings begin enforcing his authority in the towns and villages across the occupied country. In Lidice, the film's main protagonist, František Šíma, is sent to prison following a family dispute that boils over resulting in the accidental death of one of his sons. During Šíma's incarceration one of the other villagers, Václav Fiala, strings along his mistress with lies about his bravery as a resistance fighter against the Germans. Heydrich is assassinated and during the Gestapo investigation that follows, a letter Fiala has written describing his supposed heroism comes to their attention. It leads to the total destruction of Lidice and the mass execution and deportations of its citizens. Throughout the atrocity, Šima remains in jail, where news of what happened is kept from him. On his release, he returns to Lidice where he finds the village has been obliterated and finally learns of the tragic events.
- Karel Roden Šíma
- Zuzana Fialová Marie Vaňková
- Zuzana Bydžovská Šímová
- Roman Luknár Vlček
- Ondřej Novák Karel Šíma
- Veronika Kubařová Anička
- Norbert Lichý mayor
- Jan Budař safecracker Petiška
- Václav Jiráček young Horák
Filming started on 26 July 2010, at the Mladá Boleslav prison, with Karel Schwarzenberg attending the first cut. The shoot lasted 49 days and involved locations including Nové Strašecí, and a secondary school in Kladno. The scenes portraying Lidice were shot at the village of Chcebuz[not in citation given] near Štětí.
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 100. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "Lidice měly premiéru, Nikolaev na ní poděkoval původní autorce Nellis". Mladá fronta DNES. Czech Republic. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- Milovník Felliniho; Pasoliniho a (18 May 2009). "Alice Nellis natáčí film Mamas & Papas". Lidové noviny. Czech Republic. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- "V Mladé Boleslavi se začal natáčet film Lidice". České noviny (in Czech). Czech Republic. Archived from the original on 10 August 2010.
- 9. července 2010 9:00. "Vary ukázaly Lidice na plakátu, vévodí mu kráska Issová a synovrah Roden". Mladá fronta DNES. Czech Republic. Retrieved 11 September 2011.