Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World
|Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World|
|Released||April 15, 2016|
|Lil Uzi Vert chronology|
|Singles from Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World|
Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World is the third mixtape by American rapper Lil Uzi Vert. It was released on April 15, 2016, by Generation Now and Atlantic Records, serving as his second commercial release with Atlantic. The mixtape features production from Cubeatz, Don Cannon, Lyle LeDuff, Maaly Raw, Metro Boomin and WondaGurl.
The other two singles from the mixtape, "You Was Right" and "Ps & Qs" were released on April 15, 2016 with the rest of the mixtape. The first track was produced by Metro Boomin, and second by Don Cannon.
This section possibly contains original research. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The artwork was designed by 20-year-old St. Louis artist Fvrris. The characters and the album title are references to Bryan Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The cover art transforms Lil Uzi Vert into a cartoon character that depicts Scott Pilgrim. He is featured with his own love interest, that shares likeliness to Brittany Byrd but that also depicts Ramona Flowers, on top of his head. The background is filled with a mob of people, who appear to be enviously gazing at Uzi, these are to emulate his "haters". Uzi, however seems to only be bothered about the girl on his head. One of the people is spinning a basketball on his finger this is an allusion to Brittany who used to play basketball before meeting Uzi (Nardwuar revealed this in his interview with Lil Uzi). Two cameras flash directly at Uzi, this is to portray the newfound fame Uzi has accumulated, and two girls are making out on the left emulating the Love/Luv and when paired with the bass guitar in front of them, it creates a physical impersonation of Luv Is Rage. As mentioned before, in front of the two girls kissing there is a bass guitar that has "Rage" engraved on its side when paired with the two girls kissing it alludes to Uzi's previous project Luv Is Rage. Lastly there's use of a colourful psychedelic background which highlights the cloud rap genre Uzi uses in the mixtape. This tape is commonly known to be his most popular amongst his true fans.
Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World peaked at number 37 on the US Billboard 200 and spent a total of 55 weeks on the chart. It also peaked at number 18 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. The mixtape was eventually certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for combined sales and album-equivalent units of over 500,000 units in the United States.
|Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World|
|1.||"Canadian Goose"||Maaly Raw||3:38|
|2.||"Hi Roller"||Maaly Raw||4:36|
|4.||"Grab the Wheel"||4:56|
|5.||"You Was Right"||Metro Boomin||2:44|
|6.||"Baby Are You Home"||Metro Boomin||3:50|
|7.||"Ps & Qs"||Cannon||3:42|
|9.||"Scott and Ramona"||WondaGurl||3:41|
- ^[a] signifies a co-producer
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Jeffries, David. "Lil Uzi Vert vs. The World – Lil Uzi Vert". AllMusic. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- Chintaluri, Narsimha (April 22, 2016). "Lil Uzi Vert Vs. The World". HipHopDX. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- Duricy, Brian (April 19, 2016). "Lil Uzi Vert: Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World". PopMatters. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "Lil Uzi Vert - Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World [Download]". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Lil Uzi Vert – Money Longer Lyrics - Genius Lyrics". Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- "Lil Uzi Vert – You Was Right Lyrics - Genius Lyrics". iTunes. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- "Lil Uzi Vert Chart History (Billboard 200)". Billboard. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- "Lil Uzi Vert Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)". Billboard. Retrieved February 4, 2017.
- "Top Billboard 200 Albums – Year-End 2016". Billboard. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Top Billboard 200 Albums – Year-End 2017". Billboard. Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- "American album certifications – Lil Uzi Vert – Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved June 22, 2017. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.