Lincoln High School (Stockton, California)
|Lincoln High School (Stockton, California)|
|6844 Alexandria Place
|Motto||"Amity and Peace from Knowledge"|
Lincoln High School, founded in 1954, is the Lincoln Unified School District's only comprehensive high school. The school serves thousands of students from ethnically and socio-economically diverse populations.
- Alex G. Spanos Stadium
- In 2008, Lincoln High completed construction of a one-story gym.
Each student is required to take some basics courses including but not limited to the following:
- 4 years of English
- 2 years of Mathematics
- 2 years of Physical Education
- 2 years of Science (one life science course and one physical science course)
- 4 years of Social Science (including World Geography/Health, World History, US History, and American Government/Economics)
- 1 year of Career/Technical Education, Visual/Performing Art, or World Language
and 8 additional elective courses.
Most academic courses are college prep, honors, or Advanced Placement (AP). AP courses offered include: English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Human Geography, World History, US History, United States Government & Politics, Spanish Language & Culture Studio Art, Music Theory, and Computer Science A.
UC/CSU-approved Honors Courses include: Introduction to Analysis, Spanish 3, Chemistry, Physics, and Wind Ensemble.
The school has over 50 organizations, teams and clubs. These clubs have focuses on academics, culture, recreational, and student interest.
Visual and Performing Arts
Lincoln High School has a Visual & Performing Arts Department. Students with interests in the arts are offered courses in music (band, choir, orchestra, piano, guitar, electronic music and music theory), drama (acting, stagecraft,production, and oral interpretation) and visual arts (traditional and computer art, photography and ceramics).
The student body newspaper, The Lincolnian, is both printed and published online monthly by the Newspaper Production class.
Roderick Townsend, 2010 Professional Track And Field Athlete 2015 United States National Team, 3 Time USA Champion
- Ricky Barnes, 1999, Professional Golfer (United States Amateur Champion 2002) 
- Richard "Rich" Bokides, 1979, Filmmaker (Film/Television Producer & Writer) 
- Mike Bruner, 1974, Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer 
- Brandin Cooks, 2011, Professional Football Player (New Orleans Saints) 
- Shante Carver, 1989, National Football League Player (Dallas Cowboys) 
- Ed Fisher, 1969, National Football League Player (Houston Oilers) 
- Kurt Fuller, 1971, Actor
- Mark Gantt, 1986, Actor & Producer
- Bob Heinz, 1964, National Football League Player (Miami Dolphins) 
- Mike Macfarlane, 1982, Major League Baseball Player (Kansas City Royals, Boston Red Sox & Oakland Athletics) 
- Louis Rankin, 2003, Professional Football Player (Oakland Raiders & Seattle Seahawks) 
- Bill Sandeman, 1961, National Football League Player (Atlanta Falcons) 
- Dean Spanos, 1968, President/CEO of the San Diego Chargers 
- Professional Golf Association http://www.pgatour.com/players/02/48/46/ Arizona Wilcats Official Site http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-golf/spec-rel/082502aaa.html
- New York Times Biography http://movies.nytimes.com/person/1598001/Rich-Bokides Internet Movie Database http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1932526/
- Sports Illustrated 4/21/1980 http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1123370/index.htm
- National Football League http://www.nfl.com/player/brandincooks/2543498/profile
- National Football Leaque http://www.nfl.com/player/shantecarver/2500023/profile
- National Football Leaque http://www.nfl.com/player/edfisher/2514060/profile
- National Football Leaque http://www.nfl.com/player/bobheinz/2516270/profile
- Major Leaque Baseball http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=118073
- National Football League http://www.nfl.com/player/louisrankin/2507333/profile
- National Football Leaque http://www.nfl.com/player/billsandeman/2524850/profile
- National Football Leaque http://www.chargers.com/team/staff/dean-spanos/65715de6-ea01-49b3-9160-995491d7f1b8