Linda Tuhiwai Smith
Linda Tuhiwai Te Rina Smith CNZM (née Mead) is a professor of indigenous education at the University of Waikato in Hamilton, New Zealand. The daughter of Hirini Moko Mead, she affiliates to the Ngāti Awa and Ngāti Porou iwi.
Smith is the author of Decolonizing Methodologies: Research and Indigenous Peoples (Zed Books, 1999 and 2012), a critical analysis of the role of Western scholarly research played in the process of colonization of indigenous cultures. This work is considered a major contribution to research methods in social justice research.
- Decolonizing Methodologies: Research and Indigenous Peoples (2nd ed.). London: Zed Books. 2012. ISBN 9781848139503.
- Denzin, Norman K.; Lincoln, Yvonna S.; Smith, Linda Tuhiwai, eds. (2012). Handbook of Critical and Indigenous Methodologies (2nd ed.). London: Zed Books. ISBN 9781848139503.
- Smith, Linda Tuhiwai (2005). "Building a Research Agenda for Indigenous Epistemologies and Education". Anthropology & Education Quarterly. 36 (1): 93–95. doi:10.1525/aeq.2005.36.1.093. JSTOR 3651312.
- "CEO recognised in Queen's Birthday honours". Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. 3 June 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Professor Linda Tuhiwai Smith Archived 2012-05-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Waikato Women Professors: Professor Linda Smith
- Eminent Education Leader Appointed to Top Post at Waikato University, 9 March 2007
- "Professor Linda Tuhiwai Smith made CNZM". Te Karere. 30 December 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Professor Linda Tuhiwai Smith". Ngā Pae o Te Māramatanga. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Review: Decolonizing Methodologies: Research and Indigenous Peoples by Tuhiwai Smith, by Christine Malsbary
- Decolonizing Methodologies: Research and Indigenous Peoples (review), by John Ortley
- Methodologies of risky scholarship, by Susan Hawthorne
- "New Year honours list 2013". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
|This article about an educator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an educational theorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a New Zealand academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the Māori people of New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|