Lindley Hall, London
Lindley Hall in Elverton Street, Westminster is the older of the two Royal Horticultural Halls owned by the R.H.S. Enterprises Limited which is part of the charity Royal Horticultural Society in central London. The other is Lawrence Hall; both are close to Vincent Square.
Lindley Hall is noted for its classic Edwardian architecture. It was built in 1904 of red brick with stone dressings and banding, with Arts and Crafts features and Renaissance details. The hall hosted the All England Open Badminton Championships from 1910 to 1939. It was registered as a Grade II listed building in 1970.
- The Lindley Hall, Royal Horticultural Halls & Conference Centre
- Marketers switch 2009 conference to Royal Horticultural Halls, venues.org.uk, 10 June 2008. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- The Yonex All England Badminton Championships Historic Venues By Dominic Bliss. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Royal Horticultural Society Old Hall, Westminster, at British Listed Buildings website. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- RHH to close halls for £1.2m refurbishment, Event magazine, 4 April 2006. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- RHH hosts the launch of M&S womenswear, Event magazine, 19 December 2003. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RHS Lindley Hall.|
|This architecture-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|