This article possibly contains inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
January 3, 1982|
|Other names||Lina Linh Nga|
|Alma mater||Hanoi Academy of Theatre and Cinema (B.A. Film Directing) Vietnam Academy of Dance (B.A. Ballet) Chapman University (M.F.A. in Film Productions with Sound Design Emphasis)|
CEO & Founder |
|Parent(s)||Quang Duy Nguyen, Thuy Bich Thi Le|
Linh Nga (/
Biography and career
Linh Nga was born in Hanoi, Vietnam, on January 3, 1982 to Quang Duy Nguyen, a composer, and Thuy Bich Thi Le, an opera singer. When she was nine years old, her father left her mother to pursue his passion for music. As a result, the family moved frequently.
Linh Nga began her career on stage at an early age. She often sang and performed at friends' and family's functions, and was part of a local song and dance troupe. In 1990, she earned her first award for "Nam Dinh City's Best Young Voice". Two years later, she joined the Club of Love (Cau lac bo tinh thuong), a registered charity group formed by Tuong Vi. She began her professional dancing career at the age of ten. In 1992, she began attending the Vietnam Academy of Dance (Truong Cao Dang mua Viet Nam), where she achieved artistic and academic honors upon graduation.
Linh Nga was discovered at the age of thirteen by a newspaper photographer, when he noticed her during her dancing performance at the Vietnam Academy of Dance and took a photograph of her. Following this, Linh decided to pursue a career as a model. (Đẹp) modeling magazine then started representing her.
In 1999, Linh Nga graduated from the Vietnam Academy of Dance with a BA degree. Later that year, she was introduced to Giang Son, a composer for the Five Lines Band (Năm Dòng Kẻ). Son invited her to provide vocals for the band. In January 2000, the Five Lines Band released its self-titled debut, but it failed to garner success until 2005. In March 2000, Linh Nga left the Five Lines Band in order to pursue her career in film directing. She made her film debut with a small supporting role in the 1999 romance drama Khoang cach (The Distance), directed by female director, Bạch Diệp. The success of Khoang cach brought Nga prominence.
In 2000, Linh Nga began studying film directing at the Hanoi Academy of Theatre and Cinema. She wrote, directed, and starred in her first film as a filmmaker, Xuoi nguoc duong tran, in 2002. The film earned a National Television Award for Best Television Series of the year. In 2006, Linh Nga graduated. During this time, she also worked for Vietnam Television Station. as an actress. Upon graduation, Nga went abroad and successfully applied to Chapman University in California, pursuing her Master of Fine Arts in film production and sound design emphasis.
In May 2014, Linh Nga graduated from Chapman University. That same year, she founded her first film company in the United States, 9669 Films, LLC. In November 2017, 9669 Films released its action comedy What's the good of being good? (2017 film).
Business ventures in Vietnam
Linh Nga reportedly had a romantic relationship with Thuyet Tran, known as Thuyet Buon Vua, in 2000. The pair planned to marry in March 2002, but called off the engagement. A week later Thuyet was arrested and sentenced to 20 years in prison related to the Năm Cam case, which has been ranked as one of the largest criminal cases in Vietnam since the 19th century. In 2007 she married Johnny K.P.; they were divorced in 2011. She has two daughters.
|2019||Horror||Screenwriter, Director, Producer, Actor||Action/Horror/Feature (120 mins)|
|2018||Untitled||Screenwriter, Director, Producer||Feature Documentary (60 mins)|
|2017||What's the good of being good? (2017 film)||Screenwriter, Director, Producer||Action/Comedy/Adventure|
|2013||The Industry of Marrying Europeans||Actor||Thúy Nga Productions|
|2012||Dumb Luck||Actor||Thúy Nga Productions|
|2005||Vung cua song||Actor||3 episodes Vietnam Television|
|Dam cuoi o thien duong||Actor||5 episodes Vietnam Television|
|Gio thien duong||Screenwriter, Director||Drama|
|2004||Tieng chuong dong||Actor|
|Manh hon cong ly||Actor||13 episodes Vietnam Television|
|2001||Xuoi nguoc duong tran||Screenwriter, Actor, Director||VIFF 2003 3 episodes (72 mins/episode)|
|2000||Dom lua bien thuy||Actor|
|1999||Day neo hanh phuc||Actor|
|Nu cuoi vang ma||Actor|
|1998||Ong bau ca nhac||Actor||3 Episodes Vietnam Television|
|1997||Khoang cach||Actor||Lead Vietnam Television|
Honours & Awards
|Years||Honours & Awards|
Albums and DVDs
- Ngày Ban Mai, 1998 (with Năm Dòng Kẻ - The 5 lines)
- What's the good of being good? (2017 film) (Producer, Director, Screenwriter) 9669Films, LLC
- Paris By Night 115: Asian Beauty - Nét đẹp Á Đông, 2015 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 114: 1975-2015 Tôi Là Người Việt Nam, 2015 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 113: Mừng Tuổi Mẹ, 2015 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 112: Đông, 2014 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 111: S, 2014 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Vstar Union, 2013 (MC) Thuy Nga Production
- Dumb Luck, 2012 (Actor) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 110: Phát Lộc Đầu Năm (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 109: VIP Party, 2013 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 109: 30th Anniversary Celebration, 2013 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 108: Thời Gian - Time, 2013 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 107:Paris By Night 107: Nguyễn Ngọc Ngạn - 20 Năm Sân Khấu (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 106: VIP Party, 2013 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 105: Người Tình - The Lovers, 2012 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 106: Lụa - Silk, 2012 (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 102: Nhạc Yêu Cầu - Tình Ca Lam Phương (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Paris By Night 101: Hạnh Phúc Đầu Năm (Beauty Product Model) Thuy Nga Production
- Vung cua song, 2005 (Actor) Vietnam Television
- Manh hon cong ly, 2004 (Actor) Vietnam Television
- Xuoi nguoc duong tran, 2003 (Screenwriter, Director, Actor) Vietnam Television
- Ai khổ vì ai: Phi Nhung Video Nhạc & Karaoke, 1998 (B00BTGATRI) (Model)
- "Introducing Lina Linh Nga". CBSnews. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
- "Meet Lina Linh Nga Of 9669 Films in Orange County". VoyageLA. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Tuyệt sắc giai nhân showbiz Việt giờ ra sao". news.zing.vn. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "Vẻ đẹp bất chấp tuổi tác của 4 giai nhân Việt một thời". tintuc.vn. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "Linh Nga:Tôi chưa bao giờ phải chạy trốn". tintuc.vn. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "Vẻ đẹp xao xuyến triệu trái tim của Linh Nga sau 10 năm ở ẩn". ngoisao.vn. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Đường tình truân chuyên của 2 tuyệt sắc giống nhau đến ngỡ ngàng". vietnamnet.vn. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Linh Nga: "Con người cần phải được đau khổ"". Vietbao.vn. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Linh Nga: "Linh Nga song trong cuoc doi cua nhan vat"". Vietbao.vn. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "Linh Nga sự sỉ nhục giúp tôi trưởng thành". VnExpress. 2004-06-22. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Diễn viên Linh Nga đưa hai con từ Mỹ về Việt Nam đón Tết". giadinh.net.vn. 2017-02-18. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "Linh Nga khoe con gái xinh đẹp như bản sao của mẹ". giadinh.net.vn. 2017-02-16. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "whats-the-good-of-being-good-official-trailer-hd-9669films-linh-nga". tuoitre.vn.
- "Movie What's the Good of Being Good? (2017)". blockbusterone.online.
- "IMDB". IMDB.com.
- "What's the good of being good? 2017 Movie". boxofficeplayers.com.
- "Nghề xướng ngôn viên truyền hình Việt ngữ". nguoi-viet.com. July 21, 2012.
- "Dien vien Linh Nga dua hai con tu My ve Viet Nam don Tet". vnexpress.net.
- "Linh Nga lan dau trai long ve Thuyet Buon Vua". .vn.
- "Linh Nga lam phim hanh dong ve Vovinam". vnexpress.net. 17 October 2017.
- "Hai dieu Linh Nga It Quan Tam Nhat". giadinh.net.
- "Linh Nga tro lai Vietnam lam phim". giadinh.net.
- "Linh Nga united with Vietnam's Queen Of Dance-Sport Khanh Thi". giadinh.net.
- "Gap lai Linh Nga nguoi dep mot thoi cua Thuyet buon vua". us.eva.vn.
- "Linh Nga tro lai dien anh". vietbao.vn.
- "Dien Vien Dao Dien Linh Nga". Vnexpress.
- "Linh Nga - Giai nhan anh mot thoi". NgoiSao.VN.
- "Linh Nga toi da mat su hon nhien". vietbao.vn.
- "Linh Nga -Luon hoc cach nhan nai voi ban than". vietbao.vn.
- "Linh Nga -Ca doi chi can mot nguoi yeu minh la du". vietbao.vn.
- "Tieu su cua Linh Nga tai Vnexpress". vnexpress.net.
- "Dien vien Linh Nga - Ngay ay va bay gio". xahoi.com.
- "Linh Nga o My sau moi tinh voi Thuyet Buon Vua". diendan.phunu.net.
- "Gap lai giai nhan anh mot thoi Linh Nga Nguyen". baoquangninh.com.vn.
- "Nguoi noi tieng-Linh Nga". ngoisao.vn.
- "Linh Nga va su ra doi cua Nam Dong Ke". cainhaccho.org.
- "Linh Nga - Dung day tu gam mot chiec xe tai". news.zing.vn.
- "Linh Nga - Hanoi Academy of Theatre and Cinema". Hanoi Academy of theatre and cinema.
- "Linh Nga va Quynh". vtc.vn.[dead link]
- "Linh Nga - Graduated movie". Graduated movie.
- "Linh Nga - Chapman University". Chapman University.
- "Linh Nga di hoc". Chapman.edu.
- "Linh Nga – VietfaceTv". VietfaceTv.
- "Linh Nga song trong cuoc doi cua nhan vat". dantri.com.vn.
- "Meet Lina Linh Nga Of 9669 Films in Orange County". voyagela.
- "Linh Nga Communication and Trading Company Lmt". nguoiduatin.vn.
- "Linh Nga tu hao ve cac con xinh dep". ngoisao.net.
- "Thuyet Buon Vua giai oan cho nguoi dep Linh Nga". Thuyet Buon Vua giai ona cho nguoi dep Linh Nga.
- "Linh Nga nho lai nhung song gio kinh khung trong vu an Thuyet Buon Vua". vietbao.vn/65040700/235/.
- "My nhan Viet va nhung nguoi tinh dinh vao lao ly". ngoisao.vn.
- "Tam su cua Linh Nga". dantri.
- "Linh Nga- Con nguoi can phai duoc dau kho". vnexpress.net.
- "Song yen bien lang sau thang tram doi Linh Nga". megafun.vn.
- "Linh Nga proud of her 2 daughters". ngoisao.net.
- "Linh Nga and her 1st short film in the United States". ngoisao.net.
- "Linh Nga". vnexpress.net. vnexpress.net. July 29, 2003. Retrieved May 29, 2003.
- "Linh Nga and Life". eva.vn. eva.vn. July 29, 2015. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- "Lina Linh Nga and Xuoi Nguoc Duong Tran". voyagela.com. voyagela.com. July 24, 2017. Retrieved July 24, 2017.
- "Lina Linh Nga talk about Xuoi Nguoc Duong Tran". startalk.vn. startalk.vnm. July 29, 2017. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- "Linh Nga lam phim ve de tai dong tinh nu". SanKhauVaDienAnhVietnam. SanKhauVaDienAnhVietnam. June 14, 2005. Retrieved June 7, 2005.
- "Visao Linh Nga chon Khanh Thi cho phim hanh dong Hollywood". tiin.vn. tiin.vn. June 14, 2015. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- "Tieu su 5 dong ke- The 5 lines biography". nhac.vn. nhac.vn. March 14, 2010. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Linh Nga.|