|Full name||Linley Margaret Frame|
12 November 1971 |
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
Linley Margaret Frame (born 12 November 1971), is an Australian competitive swimmer who won a gold medal in the 100-metre breaststroke at the 1991 FINA World Aquatics Championships, and represented Australia at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, coming in 15th and 19th in her breaststroke events.
Frame was a poolside interviewer for Channel Seven at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, and was a studio pundit for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. She appeared as herself in the eighth episode of the 1998 Australia television series The Games.
In 2009, Frame made a comeback to swimming. Competing at the 2009 World Masters Games, she won a gold medal in the W35-39 50m breaststroke event, beating the second-place swimmer by more than 3 seconds. Frame now holds FINA Masters World Records for the W40-44 age group in 50m breaststroke and 100m breaststroke events. She competed at the 2014 FINA World Masters Championships in Montreal, and won gold medals in the W40-44 50m, 100m and 200m breaststroke events. As well as racing Masters events, Frame competes in Victorian and Australian Swimming Championships.
As of 2014[update], Frame works at Swimming Victoria as Athlete and Coach Liaison Officer. She has been a motivational speaker for both children and adults throughout Victoria. Since 2001, she has been an ambassador for Red Dust Role Models, a charity that visits remote Aboriginal communities throughout the Northern Territory and Western Australia, teaching children the importance of a healthy lifestyle and good education.
- AIS Athlete of the Year Past Winners
- "Champion swimmer fights for understanding of 'the most misunderstood' disease". ME/CFS Australia (Victoria). 3 May 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Linley Frame: Olympian and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferer". Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "Swimming - 15 October 2009 - Day 6 Results". p15. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- FINA WORLD MASTERS RECORDS - LONG COURSE METERS AS OF DEC 31, 2013
- FINA WORLD MASTERS RECORDS - SHORT COURSE METERS AS OF DEC 31, 2013
- "Triple Gold for Linley Frame". Swimming Victoria. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Supermum Linley Frame gets back in the swim
- Linley Frame: Results
- "Staff Profile: Linley Frame" (PDF). p2: Swimming Victoria. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Red Dust Role Models - Linley Frame. Retrieved on 11 November 2015.