Linton Military Camp
|Linton Military Camp|
|Palmerston North, New Zealand|
|Owner||New Zealand Defence Force|
|Controlled by||New Zealand Army|
|Colonel Brett Wellington|
Units based at Linton:
- Headquarters, 1st Brigade
- 16 Field Regiment (Royal Regiment of New Zealand Artillery)
- 2 Engineer Regiment
- 2 Signals Squadron (Royal New Zealand Corps of Signals)
- 1st Battalion Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment (Light Infantry)
- 2 Logistics Battalion (Royal New Zealand Army Logistic Regiment)
- 2 Military Police Platoon (Corps of Royal New Zealand Military Police)
- 2 Health Service Battalion (NZ) (formerly the 2nd Field Hospital)
- Operational Welfare Unit
In October 2012, a series of shots were fired by an armed soldier, believed to be under the influence of alcohol, he then barricaded himself inside a house on the base. The NZ Police Armed Offenders Squad responded. After a five-hour siege, the police originally reported the man was apprehended, but later revealed he had committed suicide.
- "Multiple shots fired in soldier barricade stand-off". ONE News. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Soldier dead after Linton Military Camp siege". 3 News. Retrieved 5 October 2012.