|• Mayor||Sandy Evrard (MLM)|
|• Governing party/ies||MLM|
|• Total||3.58 km2 (1.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||290/km2 (750/sq mi)|
Mesen (Messines in French, historically used in English) is a city located in the Belgian province of West Flanders. On January 1, 2006, Mesen had a total population of 988. The total area is 3.58 km² which gives a population density of 276 inhabitants per km².
Villages neighbouring the municipality:
- a. Wijtschate (in the municipality of Heuvelland)
- b. Warneton (in the municipality of Comines-Warneton)
- c. Ploegsteert (in the municipality of Comines-Warneton)
Mesen is the smallest city in Belgium. It is a municipality with language facilities.
- Battle of Messines (1914)
- Battle of Messines (1917) and Mines in the Battle of Messines
- Battle of the Lys (1918)
Tower, Irish Peace Park in Mesen
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Media related to Mesen at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website - in (in English), (in French), (in Dutch)
|This West Flanders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|