List of Advance Publications subsidiaries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of subsidiaries of the American media company Advance Publications Inc.
- Advance Local, New York, New York
- Advance Digital, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Advance Central Services, Wilmington, Delaware
- Advance 360 (Digital and Full Service Marketing Agency)
- Headline Studio
- American City Business Journals
- Condé Nast
- Advance Media Southeast
- Alabama Media Group
- NOLA Media Group
- Advance Central Services Southeast
- The Republican (Springfield, Massachusetts)
- MassLive Media, Massachusetts
- MLive Media Group
- Advance Central Services Michigan
- NJ Advance Media
- The Star-Ledger (Newark, New Jersey)
- The Times (Trenton, New Jersey)
- The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- NJN Publishing
- South Jersey Media Group
- The South Jersey Times
- The Hunterdon Democrat (Flemington, New Jersey)
- Gloucester County Times (Woodbury, New Jersey)
- The News of Cumberland County (Bridgeton, New Jersey)
- Today's Sunbeam (Salem, New Jersey)
- The Warren Reporter (Hackettstown, New Jersey)
- The Reporter (Somerset County, New Jersey)
- Independent Press (New Providence, New Jersey)
- Suburban News (Clark, New Jersey)
- Cranford Chronicle (Cranford, New Jersey)
- Lehigh Valley Media Group
- Penn Jersey Advance Central Services
- Staten Island Advance (Staten Island, New York)
- Syracuse Media Group
- Advance Central Services Syracuse
- Advance Ohio (New name for Northeast Ohio Media Group as of January 26, 2016)
- The Plain Dealer Publishing Company
- Oregonian Media Group
- Advance Central Services Oregon
- PA Media Group
- Advance Central Services Pennsylvania
Business journals and periodicals
- Sports Business Journal
- Sports Business Daily
- Street & Smiths sports annuals
- Hemmings Motor News
- Hemmings Muscle Machines
- Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car
- Hemmings Classic Car
- Sporting News Media (35%)
- Inside Lacrosse
- Condé Nast
Condé Nast Digital
- Wired News
- Including the websites of all Condé Nast's publications
- POP (acquired 2013)
- 1010data (acquired 2015)
- Pitchfork (acquired 2015)
- reddit.com: "Reddit used to be owned by Condé Nast, but in 2011 it was moved out from under Condé Nast to Advance Publications, which is Condé Nast's parent company. Then in 2012, Reddit was spun out into a re-incorporated independent entity with its own board and control of its own finances, hiring a new CEO and bringing back co-founder Alexis Ohanian to serve on the board. Reddit has 3 sets of shareholders: The largest shareholder is still Advance Publications. The second-largest set of shareholders are Reddit employees. In the spin-out that occurred in early 2012, Advance voluntarily reduced its sole ownership to that of a partial owner in order to put ownership in the hands of current and future employees. The third and smallest fraction consists of a set of angel investors."
- Charter Communications shareholder following May 2016 merger of Bright House Networks
- Discovery Communications shareholder
Former and defunct divisions
- RCA purchased Random House in 1965 and later sold it to Advance Publications in 1980. Advance sold Random House to German media conglomerate Bertelsmann in 1998.
- Advance Entertainment Corporation (uplinker and programmer of WWOR EMI Service during 1996)
- Newhouse News Service (closed in 2008)
- Religion News Service (sold 2011 to the Religion Newswriters Foundation, a non-profit affiliate of the Religion Newswriters Association)
- Parade (sold December 2014)
- Fairchild Fashion Media (sold August 2014 to Penske Media Corporation)
Formerly-owned television stations
Stations are listed alphabetically by state and city of license.
|City of license / market||Station||Channel
TV / (RF)
|Years owned||Current ownership status|
|Birmingham – Tuscaloosa – Anniston||WVTM-TV||13 (13)||1956–1980||NBC affiliate owned by Hearst Television|
|St. Louis||KTVI||2 (43)||1955–1980||Fox affiliate owned by Tribune Broadcasting|
|Elmira, New York||WETM-TV **||18 (18)||1956–1980||NBC affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group|
|Syracuse, New York||WSTM-TV **||3 (24)||1950–1980||NBC affiliate owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group|
|Portland||KOIN||6 (40)||1953–1977||CBS affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group|
|Harrisburg – Lancaster -
Lebanon – York
|WHTM-TV **||27 (10)||1953–1980||ABC affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group|
- "Leading National Media Company – Advance Local". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Affiliated Newspapers". Advance Publications. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "About Us - MassLive Media Solutions". www.masslivemedia.com.
- "The Ann Arbor News, or There and Back Again: Why the news world's first print edition of a website is coming to a close". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Cook, John. (2013, January 16). "Advance Publications buys Seattle digital agency POP," GeekWire.com. Accessed: February 26, 2015.
- "Advance Acquires 1010data for $500 Million". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Ha, Anthony. "Condé Nast Exec Says Acquisition Won't Change Pitchfork's Voice". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Independence". reddit Blog. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- "reddit myth busters". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "RCA History". bobsamerica. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "The World: Bertelsmann Swallows Random House; American Pop Culture, Foreign-Owned". The New York Times. 29 March 1998. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Newhouse News Service Shutters After 47 Years". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Religion News Service – Press Releases – Religion News Service Enters Nonprofit Partnership with Religion Newswriters Foundation". Retrieved 12 October 2016.