The Bay City Times
|Type||three-times weekly newspaper, plus a joint edition with The Saginaw News|
|Owner(s)||Advance Magazine Publishers, Inc. D.B.A. Booth Newspapers, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Bay City, Michigan, United States|
|Sister newspapers||Times Plus|
The Bay City Times is a newspaper published in Bay City, Michigan, United States, published Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, with a Tuesday edition jointly-published with The Saginaw News. The paper is published by Booth Newspapers, owned by Advance Publications. The paper is the most widely circulated newspaper in northeastern Michigan. The newspaper began in 1873 and remains one of the oldest newspapers still in circulation.
The paper originally published seven days a week until June 1, 2009, when the Times and its sister papers, The Saginaw News and The Flint Journal, reduced publishing to three times a week (Thursday, Friday and Sunday) while increasing their web presence. The Times, along with the News and the Journal, are published at the Booth-owned Valley Publishing Co. printing plant in Monitor Township, near Bay City.
On March 30, 2010, The Bay City Times and The Saginaw News launched a joint Tuesday print edition, Great Lakes Bay Edition, which is available at selected locations in Bay, Saginaw and Midland Counties. Both the News and the Times share the same sports section and staff, Hugh Bernreuter, Cory Butzin, Michael Niziolek and Lee Thompson, and the same features sections and staff. Both newspapers and the Flint Journal share the same radio and television writer, Sue White.
- "Audit Bureau of Circulations, Circulation averages for the six months ended: 3/31/2012". Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Searchable directory of online sources". Lexis Nexis. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- "World Association of Newspapers". wan-press.org.
- "Bay City Forward - Moving into the future with The Bay City Times MLive.com". mlive.com. C1 control character in
|title=at position 67 (help)
- "Flint Journal to publish 3 days a week". MLive.com.
- "A look back at Bay City Times history". MLive.com.
- "The Saginaw News to partner with The Bay City Times for Great Lakes Bay Tuesday print edition". MLive.com.
- "Remember to pick up your Great Lakes Bay Edition Tuesday newspaper at a nearby newsstand". MLive.com.