List of Capitoline Wolf statues
The Capitoline Wolf suckling the twins Romulus and Remus is a symbol of Rome, Italy. The statue was favoured by Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, who donated copies of the statues to various places around the world.
Below is a list of Capitoline Wolf statues in different places of the world:
- 1 Argentina
- 2 Australia
- 3 Belgium
- 4 Bolivia
- 5 Brazil
- 6 Canada
- 7 Chile
- 8 France
- 9 Guatemala
- 10 Hungary
- 11 Italy
- 12 Japan
- 13 Libya
- 14 Moldova
- 15 New Zealand
- 16 Norway
- 17 Romania
- 18 Spain
- 19 Sweden
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Tajikistan
- 22 United Kingdom
- 23 United States
- 24 Uruguay
- 25 Gallery
- 26 References
- 27 See also
- Buenos Aires - in the Botanic Gardens and Parque Lezama
- Mendoza - in the Plaza de Italia
- Mar de Plata
- Perth - in the lobby of the WA Italian Club, on Fitzgerald Street.
- La Louvière - on the Place de la Louve
- La Paz - on the Plaza Roma, Obrajes.
- Brasília - in front of the "Palácio do Buriti", the seat of the government of the Federal District, donated by the mayor of Rome at the time of the foundation of Brasília
- Toronto - in the collection of the City of Toronto
- Thunder Bay - located in the Thunder Bay Soroptimist International Friendship Garden Italian Monument 
- Talca - in Plaza Italia (on the crossing of Calle 11 Oriente and Calle 2 Sur)
- Valparaiso - in Parque Italia
- Guatemala City - in front of the city hall in the civic center
- Szarvas - in front of the Bolza castle.
- Rome - the original statue is in the Capitoline Museums and a copy on a pillar at the northern corner of Palazzo senatorio
- Pisa - on the Piazza dei Miracoli
- Siena - several sites in the city, including the Duomo
- Aquileia - in the Piazza Capitolio, next to the basilica
- Piacenza - at the beginning of via Emilia
- Reggio Emilia - in the Piazza del Popolo
- Massa Lombarda - inserted into a monument to the fallen of all wars at the entrance of the town cemetery
- Verona - inserted into a monument to the fallen of all wars in the old town walls
- Chōfu, Tokyo - in Ajinomoto Stadium, donated from the Commune of Rome in 2001.
- Chiyoda, Tokyo - in Hibiya Park, one block south of the Imperial Palace complex. It was donated by Benito Mussolini in 1938.
- Benghazi - Benghazi Corniche Columns, or Romulus Benghazi.
Romanian Capitoline Wolf statues (Lupoaica):
- Alba Iulia - Capitoline Wolf statue in a park
- Blaj - Capitoline Wolf statue in the center
- Brad - Capitoline Wolf statue in the center, near the Dacian Standard
- Brașov - Capitoline Wolf statue in front of the City Hall
- Bucharest - Capitoline Wolf statue on the Brătianu Boulevard
- Cluj-Napoca - Capitoline Wolf Statue, Cluj-Napoca
- Constanța - Capitoline Wolf statue in the historical downtown
- Cristeștii Ciceului
- Galați - Capitoline Wolf statue in a park
- Iernut - Capitoline Wolf statue in the center
- Satu Mare - Capitoline Wolf statue in the "Vasile Lucaciu" Park
- Sighișoara - Capitoline Wolf statue in the Oberth Square (Piața Oberth)
- Târgu Mureș - Capitoline Wolf statue in the Prefecture Square (Piața Prefecturii)
- Timișoara - Capitoline Wolf statue in front of the Orthodox Cathedral
- Turda - Capitoline Wolf statue in the center
- Zalău - Capitoline Wolf statue in the central park
- Segovia: There is a Capitoline Wolf statue under the Roman aqueduct in Segovia
- Mérida: The Capitoline Wolf is near the Roman bridge of the city.
- Tarragona : There is a Capitoline wolf located inside the museum named Circ Romà
- Fribourg - In front of the Miséricorde Building of the University of Fribourg
- Wells, Somerset - beside the A39 a little north of the city. Sculpted by an Italian prisoner-of-war in World War II.
- Chicago, Illinois - Located in the Ogden Avenue
- Boston, Massachusetts - interior entrance to Boston Latin School
- Cincinnati, Ohio - Capitoline Wolf Statue, Cincinnati
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Del Rio, Texas - Located at the Brinkley Circle, home of Dr. John Romulus Brinkley
- New York City, New York - Located in the Riverdale neighborhood of The Bronx on the grounds of the Hebrew Home for the Aged
- Rome, Georgia - at the entrance to the Rome City Auditorium
- Rome, New York- Located at The Beeches Conference Center and Restaurant
- Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan - located in front of the Chippewa County courthouse
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - in the gardens of the Philbrook Museum
- Washington, DC - on the ground floor of the National Gallery of Art
- Punta del Este - on the crossing of Avenida Italia and Av. Petragosa Sierra
- Laskow, Sarah (16 October 2015). "Neither Rome, GA, Nor Rome, NY, Could Handle a Statue with Wolf Teats". Atlas Obscura. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "LA PAS PRIN BUCUREȘTI: Statuia Lupoaicei" (in Romanian). Agerpres. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Floyd County". Calhoun Times. 1 September 2004. p. 55. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "The Capitoline Wolf Suckling Romulus and Remus". www.nga.gov. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Replicas of the capitoline she-wolf.|