List of Conservation Areas of Costa Rica
Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of the Conservation Areas of Costa Rica.
They are designated by the Costa Rican National System of Conservation Areas—SINAC.
- Guanacaste Conservation Area, including Santa Rosa, Rincón de la Vieja and Guanacaste National Parks
- Arenal Huetar Norte Conservation Area including the Juan Castro Blanco National Park
- Central Volcanic Conservation Area including the Braulio Carrillo, Irazú Volcano, Poás Volcano and Turrialba Volcano National Parks as well as the Guayabo National Monument
- Tortuguero Conservation Area including Tortuguero National Park
- Tempisque Conservation Area including Barra Honda, Las Baulas and Palo Verde National Parks
- Arenal Tilaran Conservation Area including the Arenal Volcano and Tenorio Volcano National Parks
- Central Pacific Conservation Area including the Manuel Antonio, Carara and La Cangreja National Parks
- Pacific La Amistad Conservation Area including Chirripó and Tapantí National Parks
- Caribbean La Amistad Conservation Area including the Barbilla and Cahuita National Parks and La Amistad International Park which is shared with Panama and Pacific La Amistad Conservation Area
- Osa Conservation Area including Corcovado and Piedras Blancas National Parks
- Cocos Island Marine Conservation Area which maintains just the Cocos Island National Park