List of Kakazai people
This is a list of notable Kakazai (Pashto: کَکا زي / کَکے زي / کاکا زي, Urdu, Persian: کاکا زَئی / کَکے زَئی / کَکا زَئی) Pashtuns (پشتون / پختون), also known as Loye or Loi Mamund (Urdu: لو ئے / لوئی مَاموند | Pashto: لوی ماموند), a division of Mamund (Urdu: مَاموند | Pashto: ماموند) clan, who are part of the larger Tarkani (Pashto: تر کا ڼي / ترکلا ڼي / ترکا نڑي, Urdu, Persian: ترکانی / ترکلانی / ترکانڑی | English spelling variants: Tarkani, Tarkalani, Tarkanri) Pashtun (پشتون / پختون) tribe mainly settled in Bajaur Agency, Pakistan, but originally hailed from the Laghman province (Urdu: لغمان) of Afghanistan. However, it has grown and scattered around to such an extent that it is recognized as tribe of its own.
- Bahadur Yar Jang, (A leader of the Pakistan Movement and a Muslim orator)
- Ghulam Muhammad, (Governor General Of Pakistan)
- Malik Barkat Ali (Politician, Lawyer and Journalist)
- H.E. Babar W. Malik, (Ambassador)
- Ghulam Ahmad Bilour, Ex-Federal Minister for Railways, Pakistan
- Maulana Muhammad Ali Jauhar, National Leader, Khilafat Movement, India, 1930s
- Dr. Nazir Ahmed (physicist), OBE, (Founding Chairman, Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, 1956-1960)
- Munir Ahmad Khan, (Chairman, Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, 1972–1991)
- Ishfaq Ahmad, (Chairman Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, 1991–2001)
- Mohammad Nissar, (Founding Member of Pakistan Cricket Board, First Pakistani cricketer, Pro-Pakistan leader)
- Shahid Masood, (TV Personality/Journalist, Head Of ARY One World Channel, Currently with GEO TV and anchorman of "Meray Mutabiq")
- Nadeem Malik (journalist), Senior Anchor Person of "Nadeem Malik Live," Samaa TV, Pakistan
- Nazir Ahmed Khan (20th-century Film Actor, Director and Producer)
- Faakhir Mehmood, Well known Music composer, music producer and singer.
- Javed Ahmad Ghamidi (born 1951), (Religious scholar, exegetic, and educationist)
- Intisar-ul-Haque, (Rtd. Chairman Department of Philosophy Peshawar University.
- Asma Jahangir (Pakistani human rights lawyer and social activist who co-founded and chaired the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan)
- Irshad Hasan Khan (Former Chief Justice of Pakistan 2000-2002 and Chief Election Commissioner of Pakistan 2002-2005)
- Intisar-ul-Haque (Philosopher, Chairman, Dept. of Philosophy, University of Peshawar 1935-1996)
- Abdul Qadir, (Governor General, State Bank Of Pakistan, (20-07-1953 to 19-07-1960))
- Aftab Ahmed Khan, Secretary General, Ministry of Finance, Govt of Pakistan,
- Sajid Hassan, Secretary Education, Ministry of Education, Govt of Pakistan.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2017)