List of Off the Map episodes
Off the Map is an American medical drama created by Jenna Bans, which ran on ABC from January 12, 2011 to April 6, 2011. The series is set in a remote South American village, where six doctors search for the reasons that brought each of them to medicine.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release dates|
|Season premiere||Series finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|1||13||January 12, 2011||April 6, 2011||August 23, 2011||N/A||N/A|
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"Saved by the Great White Hope"||Randy Zisk||Jenna Bans||January 12, 2011||7.57|
|Lily Brenner, Tommy Fuller and Mina Minard are all running away from their lives when they find themselves practicing medicine in paradise. Paradise simply happens to be the most challenging place to practice medicine in the world. Ben Keeton, the youngest ever Chief of Surgery at UCLA and founder of the clinic, acts as their guide and mentor in a world of dangers alongside his trusted colleagues; Otis Cole, Zita Alareina Toledo Alvarez or "Zee" for short and the mysterious Ryan Clark. They also meet Charlie, a 14-year-old boy who works at the clinic as a translator and other things who has an instant connection with Tommy. Lily challenges herself to save a man from death on a zip line. Tommy's willingness to concede finds him at odds with Cole and almost costs him his place at the clinic. Mina almost loses a patient because she fails to recognise the simplest diagnosis. It's a rough beginning but they've made it through.|
|2||"Smile. Don't Kill Anyone."||Mark Tinker||Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts||January 19, 2011||5.79|
|A duo of wildlife photographers find themselves in trouble when one of them is caught by a green anaconda. Tommy finds himself learning a cultural lesson from the local populace while finally managing to forge a small connection with Otis. Mina finds herself challenged when she is forced to work with Ryan, she begins to question her abilities as a doctor. Lily learns that she needs to let go of her procedural way of thinking now that she's left the ER. Ben has to face some very real feelings when faced with them by Ryan. Otis and Zee heat up despite her initial reluctance.|
|3||"A Doctor Time Out"||Rob Corn||Luke Schelhaas||January 26, 2011||5.06|
|While Ben, Zee and Lily try to deliver a baby from the woman they rescued from the forest, Tommy and Ryan are fighting for the life of the father and her husband in the jungle. Meanwhile Mina and Cole treat a patient who has been electrocuted after stepping in a puddle, which resulted in a power outage all over the village, complicating the Caeserean surgery Ben and Brenner are trying to perform to deliver the baby. Lily discovers that Ben's wife and child died a few years ago, and that her current patients have stirred up old wounds for him. The man Tommy and Ryan were treating dies, but Tommy and Ryan keep his heart beating so his wife and child can get much needed blood transfusions from him.|
|4||"On the Mean Streets of San Miguel"||Eric Stoltz||Christine Boylan||February 2, 2011||5.37|
|Ryan’s complicated relationship with Ben has her taking out her frustrations with a machete in the jungle. Lily, Ben and Charlie go to San Miguel to get medications needed to treat a patient with a serious staph infection. Lily discovers that Ben's wife is still alive in a hospital in San Miguel. Back in the village, she meets a guy named Mateo who pays her tab at a bar. He has just returned to the village after attending University. Tommy treats a man with a "private" problem, and in the process falls for the man's beautiful girlfriend Alma. Cole is horrified to find out that Zee signed him up to have his impacted tooth removed. The doctors are surprised to learn that one of the kindest patients they are treating is a former Nazi who hid away for 60 years. Zee uses Ryan’s machete when she learns that Otis thinks of them only as "friends with benefits". Cole breaks down at the last minute and has the traveling dentist remove his painful tooth but refuses any drugs, even after warned it will be a painful oral surgery. Mina holds Cole's hand as he "white knuckle's it" through the procedure.|
|5||"I'm Here"||Randy Zisk||Mark Fish||February 9, 2011||5.61|
|After getting clobbered in a beach soccer game by some local kids, the jungle docs have to hit the high seas on a rescue mission. A man and his 17-year-old daughter were caught in an underwater rockslide. The father makes it up but his daughter is trapped underwater. Ben and Ryan get into scuba gear and dive down to treat their patient. Lily gets a surprise visit from Mateo, the handsome man who bought her drinks in San Miguel and learns more about him. An ex-flame of Zee's returns to the clinic not only for treatment, but for her heart as well, and she begins to question her relationship with Cole. Ryan has had shortness of breath all day. Tommy gets closer with Alma, who just broke up with her boyfriend. He puts a letter in the mailbox to finally let his parents know that he’s fine and somewhere in South America. After having a few moments, Mina decides to open up to Cole.|
|6||"It's Good"||Donna Deitch||Joe Sachs||February 16, 2011||4.33|
|The clinic is left without any medication after a robbery, and the doctors are finding it hard to treat the patients. Ben, Zee and Lily try to treat a patient with a ruptured appendix, but the robbery left them without enough anesthetics to perform the surgery. Cole must face his old demons as he and Mina go to see his old dealer on getting some drugs to use as pain relief, much to the dismay of the other doctors. As Ben preps for surgery, Cole and Mina paddle down the river to the secret drug lab. A little girl with a complicated bug bite brings up old memories for Ryan as she tries to treat her. Tommy meets a few vacationing college kids who are members of his old frat and treats one of them who's hangover turns out to be a serious brain disease.|
|7||"Es Un Milagro"||Randy Zisk||Jeannine Renshaw||February 23, 2011||4.84|
|A rescue chopper has crashed somewhere deep in the jungle. The clinic team heads out to help, but Lily is nowhere to be found. In the aftermath of the helicopter crash, Ryan looks for the missing girl with the bug bite, the patient with the ruptured appendix's wife suffers some injuries and Mina races to save her life when they become complicated and Ben, Tommy and Cole try to treat the pilot who is seriously wounded. Cole's old past continues to haunt him and start to hinder his work at the clinic, and he contemplates ruining his sobriety. Tommy’s a little tired of Charlie hanging around him 24/7. Lily discovers a secret about Mateo and his family.|
|8||"It's a Leaf"||Ed Ornelas||Gabriel Llanas||March 2, 2011||4.96|
|Lily and Otis are off to help three brothers who get trapped in a mine after digging for gold. During the rescue, Otis is seriously injured. Zee has Mina oversee an ancient birth ritual, and during the ritual, she unwittingly becomes the child's godmother. Then at the party she and Tommy have a drunken night together. After the accident Otis confesses his true feelings for Zee while she checks up on him.|
|9||"There's Nothing to Fix"||Michael Katleman||Mark Fish||March 9, 2011||4.31|
|After a water taxi accident, Ben, Tommy and Lily go to treat the survivors. After finding out that one passenger is still missing, Lily goes to find him, which leads her to make a gutwrenching decision. Meanwhile Tommy and Ben tend to a serioulsy injured passenger and disagree over diagnosis. Cole and Zee try to help newly adoptive parents with a very sick baby. Ryan and Mina must treat a very rude and obnoxious patient. Things between Tommy and Mina get awkward after their drunken one night stand.|
|10||"I'm Home"||Randy Zisk||Joe Sachs & Luke Schelhaas||March 16, 2011||4.21|
|Ryan and Ben come back from New York and leaves with Mina, Tommy and Otis to treat a breakout of Hepatitis in the local prison while Zee and Lily stay back at the clinic. Otis tries to help a prisoner who is also an old friend and finds out that the Hepatitis outbreak has spread over to the women's prison. Meanwhile, Lily treats a woman whom she finds out is Mateo's mother. Ben worries if Ryan is returning to work too soon. Tommy tries to fix things between him and Mina after the awkwardness between them continues.|
|11||"Everything's as It Should Be"||Karen Gaviola||Christine Boylan & Jeannine Renshaw||March 23, 2011||4.46|
|An old friend of Ben's visits the clinic and brings two patients to do a transplant. But Lily finds out that there is something suspicious about the patients and the procedure might put the clinic in jeopardy. Zee and Otis treat a patient whose daughter is his caretaker and wonder if she is abusing him. Also Zee wonders if she should give Otis another chance. Tommy becomes jealous after a patient expresses interest in Mina and realizes he has feelings for her. Mateo's mother plays matchmaker and tries to get Lily and Mateo back together.|
|12||"Hold on Tight"||Jeff Bleckner||Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts||March 30, 2011||4.23|
|Ryan's health worsens and she asks Mina to treat her while most of the team is out helping two injured parachutists. She then appoints Mina as her primary care physician, much to the dismay of Ben. Tommy meets Charlie's mother and tries to diagnoses exactly what is wrong with her after she shows strange symptoms and characteristics. Lily tries to get to know Mateo's family but is still uncomfortable with the coca. Tommy becomes jealous of Mina's new relationship.|
|13||"There’s A Lot to Miss About the Jungle"||Randy Zisk||Jenna Bans||April 6, 2011||3.80|
- Lambert, David (June 3, 2011). "Off the Map - Package Art, Date, Cost, Specs and Extras for 'The Complete Series' on DVD". TV Shows on DVD. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 13, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle' Adjusted Down; 'Off The Map' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 14, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (January 20, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle,' 'Better With You,' 'Cougar Town' Adjusted Down; 'Criminal Minds' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 27, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Up; 'Cougar Town,' 'Live to Dance' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (February 3, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol,' 'Off The Map' Adjusted Up; 'Live To Dance' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 10, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Blue Bloods,' 'Human Target' Adjusted Down, 'Modern Family,' 'Better with You' Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 10, 2011.
- Gordon, Bill (February 17, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 24, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Mr. Sunshine,' 'Survivor,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'CM: Suspect Behavior' All Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 3, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' Adjusted Up; 'Better With You' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 4, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (March 10, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: "American Idol" Adjusted Up; "Shedding for the Wedding" Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 17, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol,' 'Survivor,' 'Minute,' 'Top Model' Adjusted Up; 'Off The Map,' 'Criminal Minds: SB' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (March 24, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol,' 'Modern Family,' 'Survivor,' 'ANTM' Adjusted Up; 'Mr. Sunshine' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 31, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol,' 'Survivor,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Law & Order:SVU,' 'Minute' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (April 7, 2011). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Law & Order: SVU,' 'Survivor,' 'American Idol' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 7, 2011.