List of San Diego bike paths
The following is a list of bike paths in San Diego County.
- Class 1 Bikeway (Bike Path): Provides a completely separated right of way for the exclusive use of bicycles and pedestrians with crossflow by motorists minimized.
- Class 2 Bikeway (Bike Lane): Provides a striped lane for one-way bike travel on a street or highway.
- Class 3 Bikeway (Bike Route): Provides for shared use with pedestrian or motor vehicle traffic.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)|
- Bayshore Bikeway: 24-mile bicycle path around the San Diego Bay.
- Camp Pendleton Bike Route in San Diego County: Class 1 while south of the campgrounds at San Onofre State Park. Class 2/3 elsewhere.
- Fay Avenue Bike Path in La Jolla: Class 1, from Nautilus St to Camino de la Costa
- Mission Bay bike path: near SeaWorld
- Murphy Canyon Road Bike Path: Southbound starts at the south end of Murphy canyon Road and exits in the North East Part of Qualcomm Stadium.
- Ocean Beach Bike Path: Class 1. Runs parallel to the south bank of the San Diego River from Dog Beach to Hotel Circle South in Mission Valley.
- Rose Canyon Bike Path: starts at the Gilman Dr. I-5 exit and ends at Santa Fe Street. It is possible to get to Pacific Beach this way.
- San Luis Rey River bike path: in Oceanside
- Silver Strand bikeway: a.k.a. "Bayshore bikeway", formerly Bayshore bike route, locally known as "Coronado" or "Coronado to Imperial Beach"
- Sweetwater Bikeway: Follows the Sweetwater River from National City to Bonita
- The Hwy 56 Bike Path: Class 1 between I805 and Rancho Penasquitos Road then Class 3 from there to I15
- 25 Red Routes in San Diego County
- Bike Route Planning w/Map and Elevation change calculated
- Bicycle Friendly Community
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
- "sports.dir.groups.yahoo.com Cycling" Yahoo! groups directory
- "California Driver Handbook"
- "6 SD Paths" Traillink.com's 6 San Diego/North County search results
- "The West's best bike rides" article from Sunset.com
- Locally available information and maps
- Rails to Trails Conservancy compound search page
- California Driver Handbook
- Ridelink's San Diego Region bike maps (detailed, PDF format) can be found at http://www.icommutesd.com/Bike/BikeMap.aspx