List of fatal accidents in cricket
The following is a list of notable cricket players who died while playing a game, died directly from injuries sustained while playing, or died after being taken ill on the ground.
|Jasper Vinall||Struck on the head by a bat||28 August 1624||Horsted Keynes|
|George Summers||Struck on the head by a ball||29 June 1870||Nottingham|
|Andy Ducat||Heart failure||23 July 1942||London|
|Abdul Aziz||Struck over the heart by a ball||17 January 1959||Karachi|
|Wilf Slack||Collapsed while batting||15 January 1989||Banjul|
|Ian Folley||Heart attack while being treated in hospital for eye injury sustained on the field||30 August 1993||Whitehaven|
|Raman Lamba||Struck on the head by a ball while fielding||20 February 1998||Dhaka|
|Wasim Raja||Suffered a heart attack on the pitch||23 August 2006||Marlow, Buckinghamshire|
|Darryn Randall||Struck on the head by a ball||27 October 2013||Alice, Eastern Cape|
|Phillip Hughes||Struck on the neck by a ball||27 November 2014||Sydney|
|Raymond van Schoor||Stroke||20 November 2015||Windhoek|
Frederick, Prince of Wales, heir to King George II of Great Britain, died on 20 March 1751. Keen on cricket, he either died of pneumonia, or from a burst abscess caused by being hit with a cricket ball.
- Williamson, Martin (4 December 2004). "Not out ... dead". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "FACTBOX-Cricket-Deaths caused from on-field incidents". Reuters. 27 November 2014.
- Powell, Rose (28 November 2014). "Ten fatal cricket injuries before Phillip Hughes died". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "The tragic death of Raman Lamba". Martin Williamson. Cricinfo Magazine, 14 August 2010. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Wasim Raja dies playing cricket". ESPN Cricinfo. 23 August 2006.
- "Namibian cricketer Raymond van Schoor dies, aged 25, five days after on-field collapse due to stroke". abc.net.au. 21 November 2015.
- Cavendish, Richard. "Death of Frederick, Prince of Wales". History Today.