List of original GoBots
Challenge of the GoBots
Characters introduced in Challenge of the GoBots.
Leader-1: The leader of the Guardians. He is a brave leader who cares deeply about his people. He believes not one person should be in charge. He supports the democratic system of the Guardians. This leads his former friend, Cy-Kill, to break away from the Guardians. He takes command of the evil Renegades and becomes Leader-1's worst enemy. Turns into an F-15 fighter jet. Voiced by Lou Richards, Jr.
- Matt Hunter
- Nick Burns
- Allison Janmoria "A.J." Foster
- Dr. Anya Turgenova
- General Newcastle
- The Last Engineer
- Master Renegade
- Dr. Zebidiah Thadius Braxis
GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords
Characters introduced in GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords.
- Margot Kidder as Solitaire: A good female Rock Lord.
- Telly Savalas as Magmar: Leader of the evil Rock Lords.
- Roddy McDowall as Nugget: Solitaire's assistant, strikes up a quick friendship with Scooter.
- Michael Nouri as Boulder: Leader of the sole remaining group of good Rock Lords, and an ally of Solitaire.
- Lou Richards, Jr. as Leader-1: The Guardian leader, who transforms into an F-15 Eagle.
- Frank Welker as Scooter: The Guardians' chief engineer, who transforms into a scooter.
- Bernard Erhard as Cy-Kill: The Renegade leader, who transforms into a motorcycle.
- Darryl Hickman as Marbles: A young good Rock Lord who appears to have some form of psychic powers. His name is derived from marble.
- Michael Bell as Granite: A good Rock Lord. As his name implies, he is very tough.
- Philip L. Clarke as Crackpot: A good Rock Lord.
- Frank Welker as Pulver-Eyes: A rather manic good Rock Lord; his name is a pun on the word pulverise.
- Michael Bell as Slimestone: An evil Rock Lord.
- Foster Brooks as Stoneheart: An evil Rock Lord.
- Peter Cullen as Tombstone: An evil Rock Lord.
- Peter Cullen and Frank Welker as Sticks 'N' Stones: An evil Rock Lord who seems to be a conjoined twinned Golem with Sticks as the right head and Stones as the left head (from the viewer's point). For comedic effect, the two heads (each voiced by a different actor - ironically, Cullen and Welker are arguably best remembered as the voices of Optimus Prime and Megatron, opposing leaders in the original Transformers cartoon) regularly argue with each other. the name derives from the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me.".
- Richard Gautier as Brimstone: An evil Rock Lord.
- Arthur Burghardt as Turbo: A Guardian warrior who travels to Quartex with Leader-1. Transforms into a concept car.
- Marilyn Lightstone as Crasher: A Renegade warrior who travels with Cy-Kill, she transforms into a Porsche 956.
- Peter Cullen as Pincher: A Renegade mutant who travels with Cy-Kill, who transforms into a spaceship.
- Darryl Hickman as Hornet: A Renegade mutant who travels with Cy-Kill, he transforms into a spaceship. The film represents Hornet's debut, but he also has appeared in two episodes of the TV series.
- Richard Gautier as Bugsie: A Renegade mutant who travels with Cy-Kill, he transforms into a tank.
- B. J. Ward as Small Foot: A Guardian captured along with Solitaire, who transforms into a Toyota Hilux.
- Morgan Paull as Matt Hunter: A UNICOM astronaut and their liaison with the Guardians, Matt travels with Leader-1 to Quartex.
- Leslie Speights as A. J. Foster: A UNICOM cadet kidnapped by Cy-Kill.
- Ike Eisenmann as Nick Burns: A UNICOM cadet kidnapped by Cy-Kill.
- Several other Gobots have cameo or walk-on scenes during the early stages of the film, including Fitor, Cop-Tur, Herr Fiend, Heat Seeker, Klaws, Sparky, Rest-Q, Dozer, Zeemon, Twin Spin, Twister and Stallion. In an odd animation error, Herr Fiend and Baron Von Joy's roles were reversed, with each Gobot fulfilling the other's role, and being referred to by name. This error is especially odd as it required several scenes of animation, yet the error is consistent throughout.
Note that the figures were not always released in numerical order.
[*] Denotes that the figure was not released as part of Machine Robo. The figures with "MRT" designations were commissioned from Bandai by Tonka; the remainder of the figures unreleased in Japan were Machine Robo prototypes. The others, that are extras to the toyline, are Zod, Scales, the AM Radio Gobot, Laser Gun, Space Hawk, the Watch Gobots: Tic Toc and Gong, the Combiners: Puzzler (Crossword, Jig Saw, Pocket, Rube, Tic Tac and Zig Zag) and Monstrous (Fangs, Fright Face, Gore Jaw, Heart Attack, South Claw and Weird Wing), the Power Warriors: Courageous, Grungy and Nemesis, who was planned, but not released, the Secret Riders: Twister, Tork and Tri-Trak, the Dread Launchers: Chaos (Screamer), Re-Volt, and Traitor, the Boomers: Blast and Rumble and the Power Marchers: Hitch Hiker and Quick-Step.