List of schools in the Tasman District
Tasman is a region in the South Island of New Zealand. It contains numerous rural primary schools and several small town primary and secondary schools.
In New Zealand schools, students begin formal education in Year 1 at the age of five. Year 13 is the final year of secondary education. Years 14 and 15 refer to adult education facilities. State schools are those fully funded by the government and at which no fees for tuition of domestic students (i.e. New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and Australian citizens) can be charged, although a donation is commonly requested. A state integrated school is a former private school with a special character based on a religious or philosophical belief that has been integrated into the state system. State integrated schools charge "attendance dues" to cover the building and maintenance of school buildings, which are not owned by the government, but otherwise they like state schools cannot charge fees for tuition of domestic students but may request a donation. Private schools charge fees to its students for tuition, as do state and state integrated schools for tuition of international students.
The socioeconomic decile indicates the socioeconomic status of the school's 'zone' (or catchment) area. A decile of 1 indicates the school draws from a poor area; a decile of 10 indicates the school draws from a well-off area. The decile ratings used here come from the Ministry of Education Te Kete Ipurangi website and from the decile change spreadsheet listed in the references. The deciles were last revised using information from the 2006 Census. The roll of each school changes frequently as students start school for the first time, move between schools, and graduate. The rolls given here are those provided by the Ministry of Education are based on figures from July 2017. The Ministry of Education institution number links to the Te Kete Ipurangi page for each school.
|Central Takaka School||1–6||Coed||Takaka||State||6||35||-||3225|
|Collingwood Area School||1–13||Coed||Collingwood||State||6||137||||290|
|Garin College||9–13||Coed||Saxton||State integrated||8||512||||6975|
|Golden Bay High School||7–13||Coed||Takaka||State||6||354||||292|
|Lake Rotoiti School||1–8||Coed||Saint Arnaud||State||10||28||||3199|
|Lower Moutere School||1–8||Coed||Upper Moutere||State||4||169||||3200|
|Motueka High School||9–13||Coed||Motueka||State||4||706||||298|
|Motueka Rudolf Steiner School||1–8||Coed||Motueka||Private||n/a||70||||1654|
|Motueka South School||1–8||Coed||Motueka||State||3||253||||3206|
|Murchison Area School||1–15||Coed||Murchison||State||4||150||||299|
|St Paul's School||1–8||Coed||Richmond||State integrated||9||223||-||1627|
|St Peter Chanel School||1–8||Coed||Motueka||State integrated||5||71||-||3222|
|Takaka Primary School||1–6||Coed||Takaka||State||6||151||||3226|
|Tapawera Area School||1–13||Coed||Tapawera||State||4||196||||297|
|Tasman Bay Christian School||1–8||Coed||Upper Moutere||State integrated||5||50||||1178|
|Tasman School||1–8||Coed||Upper Moutere||State||7||110||||3228|
|Upper Moutere School||1–8||Coed||Upper Moutere||State||7||142||||3229|
- Te Kete Ipurangi Ministry of Education website
- ERO school and early childhood education reports Education Review Office
- Decile change 2007 to 2008 for state & state integrated schools
- "About School: School basics". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Archived from the original on 2008-05-26. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "School Donations & Fees". New Zealand Ministry of Education. 23 June 1998. Archived from the original on 14 July 2006. Retrieved 2006-06-23.
- "about NZ education". EduSearch. Archived from the original on December 6, 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "How The Decile Is Calculated". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Reviews of Deciles - General Information". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 2 August 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2 August 2017.