List of starting quarterbacks in the National Football League
In American football, the starting quarterback is typically viewed as the leader of a team. The quarterback is considered the most important position on the field and among the most important positions in team sports. They are among the most high-profile athletes in the world, and have been described as "akin to A-list celebrities". The success of a National Football League (NFL) franchise often rests on the quarterback; thus, teams will go to great lengths to find a "franchise quarterback" to build around for the long term goals of the team.
- Note: The players listed here are the starting quarterbacks of each team's most recently played regular season game, because of this, quarterbacks that have been announced as replacement due to injury or otherwise should not be included until they make their start.
- List of most consecutive starts by a National Football League quarterback
- List of National Football League career quarterback wins leaders
- Wertheim, Jon; Sommers, Sam (February 3, 2016). "Ranking starting quarterbacks by perceived leadership". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved December 11, 2016.
- "Steve Young: Quarterback is the most important position in football". Los Angeles Times. January 28, 2012. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- Brooks, Bucky (July 27, 2015). "Ranking each position's importance, from quarterback to returner". NFL.com. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- La Canfora, Jason (June 7, 2016). "Here are the 7 tiers of NFL quarterbacks and where all 32 starters fit in". CBS Sports. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- Farmer, Sam (April 30, 2016). "NFL draft reiterates the importance of the quarterback position". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- "Falcons stun first-place Saints, 26-9". ESPN. November 10, 2019. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Shook, Nick. "Dak Prescott: I prepared as the starter 'to begin with'". NFL.com. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Detroit Lions at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 2011 Week 1". National Football League. September 11, 2011. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders - 2006 Week 1". National Football League. September 11, 2006. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals - 2012 Week 1". National Football League. September 5, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012.