Littleover Community School
|Littleover Community School|
|Type||Comprehensive community school|
|Department for Education URN||112956 Tables|
|Headteacher||Mr Ashok Venkatesh|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Colour(s)||Black, Red & White|
It is a mixed non denominational school which educates over 1,550 pupils from in and around Derby. It has previously held Science Mathematics and Languages specialist school status, and boasts high academic results, both at GCSE and A-Level. The current headteacher is Ashok Venkatesh.
The school has its own Sixth Form Centre which was originally The Millennium Centre, a joint Sixth Form Centre with Derby Moor Community Sports College which opened in 1999, but disbanded in 2013 after Littleover’s Sixth Form became independent from Derby Moor and is now simply known as Littleover Community School Sixth Form Centre.
The new humanities block opened in October 2014 which is called G block. The school is located on Pastures Hill which follows the route of the Roman Icknield Street and a short distance away from the school there are buried remains of this highway.
- Des Coleman, news and weather reporter for East Midlands Today and The One Show
- Maria Fowler, actress in The Only Way Is Essex
- Antonia Hodgson, historical novelist
- Jesse James, recording and performing under the name Dubzy, professional recording artist & entrepreneur
- Karen Martin, Javelin silver medallist at 1998 Commonwealth Games
- Lewin Nyatanga, football player currently playing for Barnsley Football Club
- Lucy Ward, folk musician - winner of the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards "Horizon Award" in 2012
- Littleover Community School Website
- Historic England. "Section of Ryknild Street (1021321)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Mickleover model more popular than Cheryl Cole". This is Derbyshire. 19 February 2010. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Fantastic night as 'role model' presents awards". Derby Telegraph. 28 October 2008. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Lucy Ward video: will she win BBC's Folk Singer of the Year award tonight?". Derby Telegraph. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2015.