|Studio album by Frankie Goes to Hollywood|
|Released||20 October 1986|
|Genre||Dance, new wave, pop, rock|
|Frankie Goes to Hollywood chronology|
Liverpool is Frankie Goes to Hollywood's second and last studio album, released in October 1986 (see 1986 in music). It would be the band's final album of all-new material, and lead singer Holly Johnson would leave the band following the corresponding world tour, followed by a flurry of lawsuits from ZTT. The album's production was handled by Trevor Horn's engineer Stephen Lipson, who urged the band to play their own instruments on this album (Horn having replaced the band's performances and arrangements with his session musicians or his own performances on Welcome to the Pleasuredome.) Liverpool therefore features a heavier rock sound than its predecessor.
The album was a commercial disappointment compared to the band's previous effort, though it charted generally high at #5 in the United Kingdom, #7 on the Austrian and Swiss music charts and #8 in Norway. The cover photo was different depending on what format was purchased (LP, cassette, or compact disc).
- "Warriors of the Wasteland" - 4:58
- "Rage Hard" - 5:03
- "Kill the Pain" - 6:16
- "Maximum Joy" - 5:32
- "Watching the Wildlife" - 4:18
- "Lunar Bay" - 5:42
- "For Heaven's Sake" - 4:29
- "Is Anybody Out There?" - 7:25
A later release includes two bonus tracks:
2-CD Deluxe Edition
In 2011, a remastered Deluxe Edition of Liverpool was released, featuring a second disc containing rare and previously unreleased material. The first CD contains the LP version of the original album with extra tracks and the second CD rare and unreleased tracks.
- Warriors of the Wasteland 04:54
- Rage Hard 05:08
- Kill The Pain 06:16
- Maximum Joy 05:30
- Watching the Wildlife 04:19
- Lunar Bay 05:42
- For Heaven's Sake 04:30
- Is Anybody out There? 07:28
- The Waves 02:44
- Pamela 00:22 (Spoken)
- Pocket Vibrator 03:32(Monitor mix Sarm sessions October 1986)
- Suffragette City 03:35
- Roadhouse Blues 04:06
- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 04:50 (Monitor mix Sarm sessions May 1986)
- (Don't Lose What's Left) Of your little mind 06:14
- Rage Hard (voiceless) 05:07
- Rage Hard (Montreux mix) 05:34
- Warriors of The Wasteland (Montreux mix) 03:19
- Warriors cassetted 19:58
- Wildlife Cassetted 24:26
- Our Silver Turns to Gold 03:44 (Monitor mix Ibiza sessions May 1985)
- Delirious 03:12 (Monitor mix Ibiza sessions October 1985)
- Stan 00:42 (Spoken)
- For Heaven's Sake 07:55 (Monitor mix Wisseloord sessions March 1986)
|Austrian Albums Chart||7|
|Canadian Albums Chart||72|
|French Albums Chart||9|
|German Albums Chart||5|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||12|
|Norwegian Albums Chart||8|
|Swedish Albums Chart||13|
|Swiss Albums Chart||7|
|UK Albums Chart||5|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||88|
- Holly Johnson - vocals
- Brian Nash - guitar
- Mark O'Toole - bass
- Peter Gill - drums
- Paul Rutherford - second voice
- Additional personnel
- Trevor Horn - executive producer
- Betsy Cook - background vocals
- Barry Diament - mastering
- Steve Lipson - guitar, keyboards, producer
- Steve Howe - guitar
- Trevor Rabin - guitar
- Heff Moraes - assistant engineer
- Richard Niles - string arrangements, brass arrangement
- Andy Richards - keyboards
- Peter-John Vettese - keyboards
- Anton Corbijn - photography
- Steffen Hung. "Austria Top 40 - Hitparade Österreich". austriancharts.at. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "Welcome to the LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES CANADA website | Bienvenue au site Web BIBLIOTHÈQUE ET ARCHIVES CANADA". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "Charts-Surfer". Charts-surfer.de. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Steffen Hung. "New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Steffen Hung (15 June 2006). "Norwegian charts portal". norwegiancharts.com. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Steffen Hung. "Swedish Charts Portal". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- Steffen Hung. "Die Offizielle Schweizer Hitparade und Music Community". swisscharts.com. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "UK Singles & Albums Chart Archive". Chart Stats. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-01-07.