Lizard Lick Towing
|Lizard Lick Towing|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||91 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Zodiak USA|
|Original release||February 7, 2011– August 18, 2014|
|Related shows||All Worked Up|
Lizard Lick Towing (also known simply as Lizard Lick) is an American reality television series that originated as a spin-off of the series All Worked Up and ran for four seasons on truTV from February 7, 2014 to August 18, 2014. The show follows Ron, Amy, Bobby and their team of repossession agents in the Raleigh suburb of Wendell, North Carolina, the town that has jurisdiction over the Lizard Lick unincorporated area. The show is known for frequent fights and brawls that take place during the repossessions of vehicles. .
Ron Shirley started Lizard Lick Towing in 1998 with a single truck, along with his wife Amy Shirley. In 10 years, the company grew to 15 staff members and a fleet of 20 trucks. Bobby Brantley is Ron's friend and longtime co-worker, who started out as a dissatisfied customer after Ron towed his truck, then began working at Lizard Lick to pay off his debt.
According to the local Eastern Wake News, the television series got its start at the end of August 2008, when the station sent a cameraman down for one day of shooting and that was all it took for a contract to be written. Those at the network were merely scouting out prospects at the time, but after realizing Amy Shirley was not only a power lifter, but a mortician and co-owner of the recovery business, they realized there was more color to the picture than originally anticipated. Robyn Hutt, the truTV executive in charge of the show, was quoted by the Raleigh News and Observer "We really fell in love with Lizard Lick". The Shirleys are "dynamic and entertaining characters".
The first television series following Ronnie and his company operations was All Worked Up. TruTV later developed a new show solely dedicated to the Shirleys. The show premiered on February 7, 2011. The second season debuted on December 5, 2011. The third season premiered on January 21, 2013. The fourth season premiered on December 16, 2013. The series was canceled at the end of the fourth season.
- Ronnie Shirley: Owner of Lizard Lick Towing and Recovery/Repo Man
- Amy Vaughn Shirley: Vice President of Lizard Lick Towing
- Bobby Brantley: Ron's "Employee"
- "Krazy Dave" Eckler: Shop Mechanic, called "KD"
- Cassie: Bobby's on and off girlfriend, who betrayed him multiple times and caused Bobby to stab Ronnie in the back multiple times.
- Johnny Reynolds: Ronnie's cousin, who occasionally helps out with the company/family, though he flirted with and tried to kiss Amy.
- Lou: One of Get Licked Towing's employees who Bobby met at a junkyard
- Earl: Repo man for Lizard Lick Towing, until he got fired for stealing.
- Micky Visser: Bobby's ex-girlfriend
- Grace: One of Lizard Lick's office employees
- Big Juicy: driver & office worker
- * '''Henry Cousins": truck engineer
As of August 18, 2014[update], 91 episodes of Lizard Lick Towing have aired, ending the fourth and final season.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||12||February 7, 2011||October 10, 2011|
|2||26||December 5, 2011||September 3, 2012|
|3||26||January 21, 2013||September 30, 2013|
|4||27||December 16, 2013||August 18, 2014|
- Clodfelter, Tim. "Tim's Top 5: TV shows set in North Carolina". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Vonder Haar, Pete (January 18, 2012). "Reality Bites: Lizard Lick Towing". Houston Press. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "Lizard Lick Towing". Company website. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "All Worked Up - Bios". TruTv.com.
- "Rolling with the repo man". NewsObserver.com. October 19, 2009.
- "Lizard Lick Towing - Bios". TruTV.
- Moody, Aaron (October 14, 2009). "Local repo man hits the small screen". Eastern Wake News. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "TruTV Web Portal for 'All Worked Up'". TruTV. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- "truTV Hit Series "Lizard Lick Towing" Returns With All-New Episodes Beginning Jan. 21". The Futon Critic. November 27, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Lizard Lick Towing Season 4". TVbytheNumbers. September 27, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.