|• Mayor||Horst Krybus (CDU)|
|• Total||65.62 km2 (25.34 sq mi)|
|Elevation||64 m (210 ft)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||02205, 02206, 02241, 02246, 02247|
Lohmar is located about 20 km east of Cologne and 15 km north-east of Bonn in the Bergisches Land area. Because it is only 20 minutes by car to Cologne or Bonn, Lohmar is a popular place for commuters. The main part of the town area is at the course of the Agger, southern of Overath.
Lohmar was first mentioned as a donation of archbishop Sigewid to the church of Cologne. A farmyard in Lomereis mentioned.
The city council consists of 40 members. The current breakdown, from the general elections held 30 August 2009, is as follows:
The CDU and Grünen rule the town as a coalition.
- Mayor: Horst Krybus (CDU)
Coat of arms
Lohmar holds Frouard and Pompey in France as its sister cities since 1974. Since 1986 Villa Verde in Portugal is a sister city of Lohmar, Eppendorf in Saxony since 1990 and Żarów in Poland since 2007.
Lohmar is served by Honrath railway station on the Cologne–Overath railway. A train to Cologne stops every 30 minutes. The trip to Cologne lasts about 30 minutes. a service runs in the other direction to Overath every 30 minutes.
Lohmar is connected to the Bundesautobahn 3 with following exits:
- Rösrath/Lohmar-Nord (only coming from Cologne)
The Bundesautobahn 4 connects through exit
The Cologne Bonn Airport is reachable within 25 minutes.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lohmar.|
- Official site (in German)
- "Alle politisch selbständigen Gemeinden mit ausgewählten Merkmalen am 31.12.2018 (4. Quartal)". DESTATIS. Archived from the original on 10 March 2019. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden Nordrhein-Westfalens am 31. Dezember 2017" (in German). Landesbetrieb Information und Technik NRW. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- Partnerships on Lohmar website