|Birth name||Paola Fabiana Ponce|
25 June 1982 |
Capitán Bermúdez, Santa Fe Province, Argentina
|Genres||Pop, pop rock, Latin pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, actress, model, spokesperson|
|Associated acts||Gió Di Tonno|
Ponce made her breakthrough in Argentina and Latin America with her debut album Inalcanzable, which was released in 2001. She also earned a great popularity in Italy, after starring in musical Notre-Dame de Paris in Verona. Ponce has since released two more albums — Fearless (2004) and Il diario di Lola (2008) — and has performed in Spanish, Italian and English. In 2008, along with Giò Di Tonno, she won San Remo Festival with the song "Colpo di fulmine".
Life and career
Early life and career (1979—1997)
Lola Ponce was born on June 25, 1982 in Capitán Bermúdez, Santa Fe Province to Hector and María. She has two siblings, Claudia and Alejandro. Born and raised in a musical family, she formed a duo with her brother when she was only 3, performing folklore songs. Ponce took part in many festivals in Latin America as child and teenager. In 1998, she had a role in Chiquititas, a popular TV series created by Cris Morena, and signed a recording contract with producer Oscar Mediavilla in 1999. Ponce entered the University of Buenos Aires, but dropped it to pursue her music career.
Ponce released her debut album Inalcanzable in 2001, achieving a great success in Latin America. In 2002, she was cast as Esméralda in theatre musical Notre-Dame de Paris, which was shown in Verona, Italy, and Barcelona, Spain. Ponce recorded two songs for the musical soundtrack, "Ave Maria Pagana" and "Ali In Gabbia, Occhi Selvaggi", and made her breakthrough in Italy and Europe. In 2004, she released her first album in English, Fearless, and in 2005 performed her song "Sleep" in the revival part of the San Remo Festival.
In 2008, she released third studio albums Il diario di Lola, which contains songs in Spanish, Italian and English. Ponce also won the 58th Sanremo Music Festival along with Giò Di Tonno and the song "Colpo di fulmine". The song reached number one at Italian Singles Chart. In 2010, Ponce appeared in several television series and films, and starred the stage adaptation of Alessandro Manzoni's novel The Betrothed. She also participated in Argentine version of Dancing with the Stars, Bailando por un sueño, and released her first compilation album Lola.
Personal and media life
She began a relationship with her co-star Aarón Díaz in 2012. The pair began dating after meeting on the set of the telenovela El Talisman. They have two daughters: Erin (born February 2013) and Regina (born August 2014). The couple got married in June 2015, in a private ceremony held in Morocco.
|Tiny Angels||1998||Serena||(TV Series) Chiquititas|
|Notre-Dame de Paris||2002||Esméralda||(Stage) Produced by Verona Arena|
|Notre-Dame de Paris — Live from Verona Arena||2002||Esméralda||(TV Film) Notre Dame de Paris — Live Arena di Verona|
|Without Code||2004||Luna||(TV Miniseries) Sin código|
|Never Say Big Brother||2009||Herself / Co-Host||(Comedy Show) Mai Dire Grande Fratello Show|
|Cinderella 2000||2010||Cenicienta||(TV Film) Cenicienta 2000|
|Love at First Sight||2010||Maya Rivera||(TV Film) Colpo di fulmine|
|Dancing with the Stars 2010||2010||Herself / Contestant||(TV Show) Bailando por un sueño 2010|
|The Two Faces of Love||2010||Jessica||(TV Series; 1 episode) Le due facce dell'amore|
|Love & Slaps||2010||Gladys||La bellezza del somaro|
|The Betrothed — A Modern Opera||2010||Monaca di Monza||(Stage) I promessi sposi — Opera moderna|
|El Talismán||2012||Lucrecia Negrete|
- "Official Website of Lola Ponce". Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Mujeres de la música argentina: Lola Ponce". Cantantes Argentinas (in Spanish). October 13, 2007. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Biografía de Lola Ponce". CMTV (in Spanish). 2008. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- "Lola Ponce, Notre Dame de Paris". Musictory.com. 2002. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Seselovsky, Alejandro (January 20, 2004). "Lola Ponce: "En Europa no sólo adoran mi voz"". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Ibáñez, Leonardo (March 29, 2005). "Lola Ponce: "Ahora quiero cantar en La Scala de Milán"". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Vitali, Alessandra (March 1, 2008). "Sanremo incorona Di Tonno-Ponce; Baudo, omaggio ai morti sul lavoro". La Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Giò Di Tonno & Lola Ponce, Colpo di fulmine". Federation of the Italian Music Industry (in Italian). March 20, 2008. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Ibáñez, Leonardo (June 8, 2010). "Me gustan los hombres morochos, delgados, simpáticos y maduros". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- Pepe, Gabriela (November 27, 2007). "Lola Ponce: "En mi carrera dije muchos más ‘no’ que ‘sí’"". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Procopio, Pablo (January 27, 2009). "Lola Ponce: "Viví el año más excitante de mi carrera y necesitaba un relax en familia"". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- 'Aarón Díaz y Lola Ponce son novios'
- Lola Ponce será una villana sexy en los Estados Unidos
|San Remo Festival winner
(with Giò Di Tonno)