|Created by||David Jacobs
Luis Felipe Ybarra
|Written by||Luis Felipe Ybarra
José Luis Duran
Juan Alfonso Baptista
|Opening theme||"El Imperio de Los Rey" by Los Tigritos|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||125 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Elisa Salinas Gómez
Pedro Lira García
Rafael Gutiérrez Rodríguez
Eckehardt Von Damm
Luis Felipe Ybarra
Francesca Manetti Salinas
Bruno Urban Domm
|Location(s)||Mexico City, Mexico
Hacienda San Gabriel, Cuernavaca
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Original network||TV Azteca|
|Original release||3 September 2012– 22 February 2013|
|Preceded by||La mujer de Judas|
|Followed by||Vivir a destiempo|
|Related shows||Dallas (1978)|
Los Rey (It All Stays in the Family) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Elisa Salinas for Azteca. It stars Leonardo Garcia, with Michel Brown and Rossana Najera as the protagonists, both dubbed as "La pareja" in the face card, alongside Juan Alfonso Baptista, Ana Belena, Fernando Alonso, Cecilia Ponce, José Alonso, Ofelia Medina, Fernando Luján, Ariel López Padilla, Victor Huggo Martin, and Elizabeth Cervantes. Rafael Gutiérrez and Rodrigo Cachero serve as the directors. Los Rey is written by Luis Felipe Ybarra who is also the associate producer. From 3 September 2012 to 22 February 2013, Azteca 13 broadcast Los Rey, replacing La Mujer de Judas.
kaka Rey is a powerful businessman who leads the Rey Industrial Group in Mexico. He has three sons: Everardo "Vado", Guillermo and Matías. His wife is Manuela San Vicente.
Behind their image of wealth, there is a story of betrayal and deceit, meticulously planned by Everardo Rey, a man who grew up with Pedro Malvido, his best friend. Both were poor and in their desire to improve their quality of life, they sought the American Dream. In the USA, they agree to forget Manuela San Vicente, a high class girl they both loved. Several years later, having made their fortunes, Everardo and Pedro return to Mexico to start a glass collection business. However, Everardo Rey breaks his agreement with Pedro and marries Manuela.
Ruined, Pedro discovers fraud, as well as his friend's betrayal. With his family, Pedro Luis tries to start over again, but he is always waiting for a chance to take revenge on Everardo Rey. Meanwhile, a deep and real love is born between Pedro's daughter Lorenza Malvido and Matías Rey, who try to ease the hatred between their families in order to be happy together in peace.
Garcia, Brown and Baptista were the first to be cast in this adaptation. In this telenovela, Leonardo Garcia takes on his first villain role ever in his career, while Nájera debuts as a main protagonist and it also marks the return of Ofelia Medina to the small screen. Edgar Castillo Sosa was appointed as the casting director for the telenovela.
Fernando Lujan and Pepe Alonso reunites again as enemies for the third time in this series.
The telenovela later features Sergio Basañez as Ronco Abadi, a hidden character, which is his first villain role for Azteca.
The filming of promotional clips and opening montage started on 30 June The filming started on 30 July. In the end, the original opening montage was not used and is replaced by random scenes of the novela. Instead, it was used as the bumpers during commercials. The filming ended on 22 December 2012.
Also known as "El imperio de los Rey" in La Academia 10
- Sung by Los Tigrillos
"Algo entre los dos"
- Original version by Edgar Azcuy
Lorenza and Matias' love theme
- Solo version sung by Rykardo Hernandez.
Tamara and Gervasio's theme
- Duet version sung by Cynthia and Raul Sandoval.
Other featured songs
Amado and Fina's themes
- "Lloran las rosas" a cover version of Christian Castro's original song.
- "Amores prohibidos" by Elefante.
|21 Sept. 2012||Perisur shopping center||Brown, Najera, Garcia|
|28 Sept. 2012||Elektra Mega Toluca||Cervantes, De la Fuente, Baptista, Belena|
|5 Oct. 2012||Elektra Villas de la Hacienda||Miranda, Fernando Alonso, De la Fuente|
- Tendra TV Azteca su "Dr. Oz" mexicano
- "Así se vivió el Gran estreno de Los Rey - Nota - Los Rey". www.azteca.com. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Leonardo García será villano en Los Rey la nueva Telenovela de Azteca". Tvyespectaculos.com. 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- Así se vivió el Gran estreno de Los Rey Archived 15 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Los Rey, gran final viernes 22 de febrero Archived 5 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Rosana Nájera habla de su primer protagónico en Los Rey
- Jonathan Islas deja Colombia
- Se graban los promos de la telenovela Los Rey
- Inician grabaciones Los Rey
- Los Rey termina grabaciones el 22 de diciembre
- Asiste a la firma de autógrafos de Los Rey
- Fue un éxito la firma de autógrafos de Los Rey
- Los Rey estarán en firma de autógrafos
- Elenco de Los Rey feliz de convivir con su público
- Acude a la tercera firma de autógrafos de Los Rey