Louis Otto, Prince of Salm
Louis Otto, Prince of Salm (24 October 1674 – 23 November 1738) was the Count of Salm-Salm from 1710, the only son of the Imperial chamberlain (Reichskämmerer) Charles Theodore, Prince of Salm (1645–1710) and Countess Palatine Luise Maria of Simmern (1647-1679).
Louis (Ludwig) Otto married Princess Albertine Johannette of Nassau-Hadamar (5 July 1679 – 11 June 1716) on 20 July 1700. She was a great-granddaughter of John VI, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg, brother of William the Silent. The couple had three children:
- Dorothea Franziska Agnes (21 January 1702 – 25 January 1751); married Nicholas Leopold, Count of Salm-Hoogstraten, who became the Prince of Salm-Salm, and has many descendants from his 18 children, including Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm and Princess Isabella de Croÿ.
- Elisabeth Alexandrine Felicite Charlotte Gotfriede (21 July 1704 – 27 December 1739); married Claude Lamoral, 6th Prince de Ligne and had issue.
- Christine Anna Luise Oswaldine (29 April 1707 – 19 August 1775); married Joseph, Hereditary Prince of Hesse-Rotenburg; their eldest daughter Viktoria married Charles, Duc de Rohan-Rohan, the last male of the Soubise cadet branch of the French princely House of Rohan.
- Marek, Miroslav. "Salm". genealogy.euweb.cz.[self-published source],[better source needed] at genealogy.euweb.cz
- Genealogie der 1623 gefürsteten Linie Salm (altfürstliche Linie Salm), at dr-bernhard-peter.de
- Luise Maria, Pfalzgräfin von Simmern, at geneall.net
- Albertine Johanna, Prinzessin von Nassau-Hadamar, at geneall.net
- Portrait of Nicolas Leopold, Fürst von Salm (1701-1770)
- Nicolaus Leopold, at deutsche-biographie.de
- Salm, in Brockhaus Bilder-Conversations-Lexikon (1837), at zeno.org (in German)
- Salm, at deutsche-biographie.de (in German)
- House of Salm, at europeanheraldry.org
- Die Fürsten zu Salm aus dem Hause der Rhein- und Wildgrafen, at dr-bernhard-peter.de (in German)
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|