Love Love (Take That song)
|Single by Take That|
|from the album Progressed|
|Released||11 May 2011|
|Take That singles chronology|
"Love Love" is a single by British pop group Take That from the band's first EP, Progressed. It serves as the official single of the movie X-Men: First Class. The song features Gary Barlow and Mark Owen on lead vocals. It was released in the United Kingdom as a digital download on 11 May 2011.
On 29 April 2011 it was announced that Take That had recorded the official single for X-Men: First Class. It was revealed that Gary Barlow had held a meeting with film director Matthew Vaughn, where Barlow played him a selection of songs with Vaughn handpicking "Love Love" as the song that would best suit the film. This is the second time Take That have recorded a song for a film directed by Matthew Vaughn, the first being "Rule the World", which was written for the film Stardust.
Robert Copsey of Digital Spy gave the single 4 out of 5 stars, praising it and stating, "'You bring me right back down to the Earth from the promised land' are the lyrics in the opening bars over mud-squelching synths, while the fat 'n' chunky chorus where they command their lovers to "give me what I need" is immediately satisfying. Like their recent offerings, it's a style that has transformed them from cheesy boyband to tough manband". The Daily Star gave the single a positive review stating that "The boys haven't strayed away from the crunching electro template they employed on Progress, which means another mean, moody stadium shaker [which will] sound ace booming from footy grounds on their upcoming Progress Tour."
The Music video of the single was officially announced through the Take That official website on 27 May 2011 and debuted the same day at 4pm GMT. Directed by AlexandLiane, the video shows the members of the band performing the song as a set of highly choreographed dancers parade around them. The video focuses on each of the members during different parts of the video as they sing from light emitting microphone stands as the picture flickers in and out of recognition. Take That also released an alternate version of the music video which features various clips of X-Men: First Class interspersing with clips of Take That performing the song.
- Digital download
- "Love Love" – 3:42
- UK promo single
- "Love Love" – 3:42
- "Love Love" (X-Men Version) – 3:37
The group performed the song live for the first time National Movie Awards on 11 May 2011, which was held at Wembley Arena and broadcast live on ITV1. It was also performed as part of their Progress Live Tour in which the members of Take That performed the song whilst standing on a 60 ft mechanical man as it moves through the crowd and into the centre of the stadium.
|Europe (Euro Digital Songs)||18|
|Hong Kong (IFPI Hong Kong)||3|
|Portugal (AFP Charts)||50|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||15|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||78|
|South Korea (South Korea Gaon Chart)||82|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||15|
|UK Download (Official Charts Company)||14|
|Croatian Singles Chart||91|
- Take That Official 29-04-2011
- Simon Reynolds Digital Spy 29-04-11
- The Sun, Gordon Smart, 29-04-11
- Digital Spy Review 12-05-11
- Love Love Review Daily Star 23 May 2011
- Official Music Video Take That Vevo.com
- Ebay Physical Single cover and detail.
- Entertainment Focus 29-04-2011 Entertainment Focus Nation Moviw awards
- http://hrt.hr/fileadmin/video/ARC100_19092011.xls HRT Croatian Airplay Chart - Love Love.publisher=Croatian Radiotelevision Search at number 68 and see Peak.
- "Chart Search Results - Euro Digital Songs 2011-05-28". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- http://www.musicchartheaven.com/ttrobbiegary/ttprogress.htm Love Love - Number 1 hit archive, Music Chart Heaven IFPI Hong Kong Archive.
- IRMA Chart Archive
- http://www.musicchartheaven.com/ttrobbiegary/ttprogress.htm Love Love - Number 1 hit archive, Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana - Italian Archive.
- http://acharts.us/song/63120 AFP Portuguese Billboard Chart Archive 63120 Retrieved 2012.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-05-21". Scottish Singles Top 40.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201151 into search.
- ":: 가온차트와 함께하세요 ::". Gaonchart.co.kr. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-05-21" UK Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-05-21" UK Download Chart.
- http://hrt.hr/fileadmin/video/ARC100_izvjestajza2011.xls HRT Croatian Year End Chart.