Loving You (Matt Cardle and Melanie C song)
|Single by Matt Cardle and Melanie C|
|from the album Porcelain|
|Released||18 August 2013|
|Matt Cardle singles chronology|
|Melanie C singles chronology|
"Loving You" is a single by English recording artists Matt Cardle and Melanie C. It was written by Cardle, Jez Ashurst, Will Talbot, Jamie Scott, and Melanie C, and it was produced by Cardle, Scott, and Toby Smith. It features Cardle on drums and acoustic guitar. The single was released on 18 August 2013 in the United Kingdom as a digital download as the lead single from his third studio album Porcelain (2013). It has also been released in many countries worldwide, making it the first of his singles to be released outside the United Kingdom and Ireland. Despite only BBC Radio 2 playlisiting the song, which meant a lack of airplay on radio overall, it performed well in the charts.
Rumours of a duet between Cardle and Melanie C began in early May 2013 after she attended his concert at Union Chapel on 2 May. It was confirmed on 30 June on his website, when it was announced as the first single from his forthcoming album. Cardle said, "I met Melanie at the Isle of Wight Festival last year. I’m a big fan and I’ve always loved her voice." Speaking of the song he said, "I had already started writing "Loving You", and I thought with a few changes it could work perfectly as a duet".
The song premiered on The Ken Bruce Show on BBC Radio 2 on 2 July 2013. A lyric video was uploaded on YouTube on the same day. On 25 July a Spanish version of the song, titled "Te Amo", was released on YouTube and made available to pre-order on iTunes.
Directed by Jonny Kight, the music video was filmed in south London, England on 4 July 2013. It premiered on YouTube on 21 July 2013. The video starts with Cardle sitting on his own in various rooms of a house. Mel C is revealed, also on her own, after the first chorus for her solo verse. Throughout, there are close up shots of their bodies laying together on a mattress, apart at first then becoming closer together until finally kissing at the end. The video received media attention due to the singers kissing in the video.
On 6 July 2013, Cardle performed the song for the first time, as a solo in Stafford. On 16 August 2013 he performed the song with Melanie C live on British weekday breakfast television programme Daybreak. On 21 August 2013 they performed the song live on British daytime television programme This Morning.
Cardle and Chisholm went on a promotional trip to Germany in late August. They performed on German sports show Samstag Live on 24 August 2013. On 25 August 2013 they performed the song on German television programme Fernsehgarten. In October they did a promotional trip to Poland. They performed on Polish TV show Dzień Dobry TVN on 26 October 2013. They also performed on British chat show The Paul O'Grady Show on 15 November 2013.
Formats and track listings
These are the formats and track listings of major single releases of "Loving You".
- Digital download
- "Loving You" – 3:34
- Digital download
- "Te Amo" – 3:34
- Remixes (EP)
- Loving You (DSK CHK Radio Edit) - 3:52
- Loving You (DSK CHK Remix) - 6:45
- Loving You (Ravi B. Remix) - 4:48
- Loving You (Funk Generation H3DRush Radio Mix) - 3:55
- Loving You (Funk Generation H3DRush Club Mix) - 6:32
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||11|
|UK Indie (Official Charts Company)||2|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||14|
|Ireland||16 August 2013||Digital download|
|United Kingdom||18 August 2013|
|United States||20 August 2013|
|Germany||23 August 2013|
|Australia||9 May 2014|
- "Matt Cardle to record duet with Mel C? - Music News". Digital Spy. 2013-05-05. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "New Single Announced!". Matt Cardle Music. 2013-06-16. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- Copsey, Robert (1 July 2013). "Exclusive: Matt Cardle, Melanie C announce new single 'Loving You'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Melanie C And Matt Cardle Sing Te Amo, Spanish Version Of New Song Loving You!". PerezHilton.com. 2013-07-26. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Matt Cardle & Melanie C - Loving You (Behind The Scenes at Video Shoot)". 17 July 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- Walsh, Ayeesha (2013-07-23). "Matt Cardle gets intimate with Melanie C in the video for their new single | The Sun |Showbiz|Music". The Sun. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Mel C and Matt Cardle sexy kiss: New couple? - 3am & Mirror Online". Mirror.co.uk. 2013-07-24. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- TV APPEARANCES UK & GERMANY Archived 2013-08-15 at the Wayback Machine.. mattcardlemusic.com/
- on YouTube
- "iTunes - Music - Loving You - Single by Matt Cardle & Melanie C". iTunes Store. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "iTunes - Music - Te Amo - Single by Matt Cardle & Melanie C". iTunes Store. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "iTunes - Music - Loving You (Remixes) - Single by Matt Cardle & Melanie C". iTunes Store. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Chart Track: Week 34, 2013". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Independent Singles Chart Top 50". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.