|Birth name||Lowell Curtis Pye|
|Also known as||Lowell Curtis Pye, Sr.|
|Born||March 28, 1970|
|Genres||gospel, traditional black gospel, urban contemporary gospel|
|Years active||1996–present (with band)|
|Labels||Miralex, Entertainment One|
|Associated acts||Men of Standard, John P. Kee, Isaac Carree|
Lowell Curtis Pye (born March 28, 1970) is an American gospel musician. He started his music career, in 1996, with the gospel group Men of Standard, yet his solo career commenced in 2010, with the release of Finally by Miralex Entertainment. His second album, Transformed, was released by Entertainment One in 2014. Both albums charted on Billboard magazine Gospel Albums chart.
Pye was born in Detroit, Michigan, on March 28, 1970, as Lowell Curtis Pye, after the birth of his son, he goes by Lowell Curtis Pye, Sr. He was reared in the church in his hometown at First Fellowship, and at the age of four was a part of the group called "The Junior Echo's". In 1990, he joined the ministry of John P. Kee, and that lead to his membership in Men of Standard with Isaac Carree.
His music career got started in 1996, with the gospel music group Men of Standard; however, his solo career commenced in 2010, with the release of Finally by Miralex Entertainment in 2010. This album was his breakthrough release upon the Billboard magazine charts, placing on the Gospel Albums at No. 10. His subsequent album released by Entertainment One Music in 2014, Transformed, charted on the Gospel Albums chart at No. 22.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
- Powell, Ed (March 28, 2013). "Happy Birthday Lowell Pye!!!". Praise Cleveland. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Pye, Lowell (March 28, 2015). "Im having a great day celebrating my 45th Birthday!!!". Twitter. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Songwriter/Composer: PYE LOWELL CURTIS SR". Broadcast Music, Inc. Retrieved March 30, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- AllMusic. "Lowell Pye : Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Billboard. "Lowell Pye : Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved March 30, 2015.