Hangzhou, Hangzhou, PRC
|Alma mater||Zhejiang University|
|Occupation||Founder & President
|Notable work||Zhejiang University|
|Net worth||US$ 6.5 billion (September 2015)|
Lu Guanqiu (Chinese: 鲁冠球; born January 1945) is a Chinese entrepreneur. He is the 18th richest person in Mainland China, according to the Hurun Report China Rich List 2013. He is the 286th richest person in the world, and reportedly the richest person in Zhejiang Province. He is a delegate to the Chinese National People's Congress.
Lu was born in January 1945 in Yuhang, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, into a peasant family. When he was 15 years old, he dropped out of school and became an ironsmith. In July 1969, he co-founded a factory with six other peasants, producing small agricultural machines. Lu later developed his factory into the present Wanxiang Group. It eventually became a large manufacturing conglomerate and a leading producer of automobile facilities and components.
Lu is currently the President of the Board of the Wanxiang Group. His headquarters are in Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. Lu is also a part-time professor for the EMBA program at Zhejiang University. He also was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
According to the Forbes Mainland China Rich List (福佈斯中國富豪榜), Lu was ranked No. 33 with 13.13 billion Chinese Yuan (approximately US$ 1.87 billion). Lu is currently the richest individual living in Zhejiang Province.
- "Lu Guanqiu". Forbes. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Hurun Report Profile
- Hurun Report Global Rich List
- Freeland, Chrystia (2013). Plutocrats : the rise of the new global super-rich. London: Penguin Books. p. 204. ISBN 9780141043425.
- 浙江大学 EMBA
- China Vitae - Lu Guanqiu (English)
- Lu Guanqiu. (Hurun Report - Webpage for China's Business Leaders) (English)
- Wanxiang Group official website (Chinese) (English)