Luciano de Liberato
Luciano de Liberato
Photo artist, 2010
|"Red 2003" Acrylic on Canvas, Lincoln Center Festival, New York City|
|Awards||Mantua, Lubiam Prize|
He began working in art in 1975, immediately attracting a lot of interest among the most important Italian art critics and historians (Filiberto Menna, Maurizio Fagiolo dell’Arco, Enrico Crispolti, Marcello Venturoli, Lorenza Trucchi, Gabriele Simongini). He was considered a young master and one of the great Italian colourist painting.
Protagonist in the '80s in European painting, De Liberato has had more than fifty solo exhibitions, including two in the prestigious "Art Basel", in 1983 and 1984. Since 1990 he has worked in his studio in the Italian province. All his work is created through research cycles.
Since 1994 he has used a unique and very personal language, as well as authentic poetry that avoids fads and mannerist trends.
In 2011 he was invited to the Italian Pavilion (Abruzzo) of the Venice Biennale. In 2012, one of his works, "RED", was chosen as an image of the Lincoln Center Festival in New York City, which gave to his work global renown.
In 2011 he decided to end all links with Italian galleries and has worked exclusively for international outlets.
Solo exhibitions selection
- 1978, Roma, Gallery Artivisive, curators Maurizio Fagiolo dell'Arco and Filiberto Menna
- 1983, Basel, International Art Fair Art Basel (solo show Artivisive Gallery, Roma)
- 1983, Bologna, Art Fair, (solo show Artivisive Gallery, Roma)
- 1984, Basel, International Art Fair (solo show Artivisive Gallery, Roma) Art Basel
- 1984, Rennes, Maison de la Culture, Galerie Andrè Malraux
- 1983/1988, Roma, Gallery Artivisive of Sylvia Franchi (solo show Artivisive Gallery, Roma)
- 1994, Bologna, Art Fair, (solo show Artivisive Gallery, Roma)
- 1994, Roma, Gallery La Borgognona, retrospective exhibition
- 1999, Milano, Bocconi University
- 2000, Pescara, Theater Gabriele D'Annunzio
- 2001, Cortina d'Ampezzo, Spazio Cultura “Nuovi itinerari” curator Milena Milani
- 2003/2002/2001/2000/1999, Roma, Andrè Gallery, Via Giulia
- 2011, Cesena, Ridotto Palace, Modern Art Gallery, Anthology
- 2012, New York City, Lincoln Center
Institutional group exhibitions
- 1975, Francavilla al Mare, XXIX Michetti Prize
- 1976, Francavilla al Mare, XXX Michetti Prize
- 1977, Francavilla al Mare, XXXI Michetti Prize
- 1980, National Bolaffi Catalog, volume II, Segnalati per la pittura
- 1983, Francavilla al Mare, XXXVI Michetti Prize
- 1987, Comune di Pescara
- 1987, L'Aquila Alternative Attuali, edition by Enrico Crispolti
- 1998, Artivisive in progress, Roma, Art History, curators Domenico Amoroso, Mirella Bentivoglio, Fabrizio Crisafulli, Ed. Christengraf
- 1999, Giuseppe Rosato, Quei giovani amici pittori edition by Nocciano museum, essays
- 2002, Termoli Prize
- 2011, Sassoferrato, 61^ International Art Exhibition G. B. Salvi, Mostra
- 2011, Pescara, Aurum Museum, Italy Pavilion, Biennale di Venezia
- 2013, XLVI Prize Vasto
- 2015, L'Aquila, Fibbioni Palace, The Making of, artists at work in tv
- 1983, L'immagine diversa. edition by Fondazione Michetti, Marcello Venturoli
- 1987, L'Aquila, alternative attuali", edition by Enrico Crispolti
- 1999, Quei giovani amici pittori, edition by Arts Museum Nocciano, Giuseppe Rosato, "De Liberato il solitario"
- 2000, Artisti abruzzesi dal Medioevo ai giorni nostri, edition by Regione Abruzzo, Università degli Studi "Gabriele d'Annunzio", Maria Agnifili
- 2008, Gabriele Simongini, Se il pennello dialoga con il mouse, Terzocchio, n°5, edition by Ulisse Editore
- 2011, 61^ Rassegna Premio Salvi, La vertigine della visione, Comune di Sassoferrato
- Comune di Cesena
- Gino Di Tizio (24 May 2015). "De Liberato, artista umile che conquista New York". Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Galleria Andrè
- "Lincoln Center Festival". Archived from the original on 3 July 2015.
- New York Lincoln Center
- Premio Michetti
- National Bolaffi Catalog, volume II, Segnalati per la pittura
- L’Ambiente nelle Arti Visive
- Museo di Nocciano
- Monica Vignale (18 July 2002). "Premio Termoli, la grande arte contemporanea in primo piano". Archived from the original on 16 November 2003.
- Premio Termoli Archived 2016-05-08 at the Wayback Machine
- Premio Salvi
- Lorenzo Paci (15 June 2011). "Padiglione Abruzzo Pescara". Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Padiglione Abruzzo
- Premio Vasto
- The Making of. L’Aquila
- Interview Archived 2017-02-02 at the Wayback Machine