Lucky Diamond (dog)
|Species||Canis lupus familiaris|
New York City, United States
|Died||June 5, 2012 (aged 15)|
New York, New York, U.S.
|Employer||Animal Fair Media|
|Known for||pet of Wendy Diamond|
|Awards||Guinness World Record for most photographed dog with celebrities|
Lucky Diamond (c. 1997 – June 5, 2012) was a female Maltese owned by Wendy Diamond, media personality and publisher of Animal Fair Magazine. Lucky is the current Guinness World Record holder for most photographed dog with celebrities.
Ever since Diamond founded Animal Fair Media and magazine, the first of its kind for animal lovers who support animal rescue, Lucky was her "wing dog." Lucky traveled across the globe to places like Russia, Greece, and Mexico. In meeting and being photographed with celebrities, Lucky helped her owner raise awareness for animal rescue. Lucky was a socialite of the canine world, as she attended events such as the release of Diamond's book It's a Dog's World and fundraisers for associations like The Humane Society.
"Everyone else should be so lucky to have such a charismatic and patient dog like I do," according to Diamond.
Along with Diamond, Lucky was one of the celebrity grand marshals for the 2010 Krewe of Barkus Mardi Gras parade on February 7, 2010 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Lucky accompanied Wendy as Spokes Dog to the unveiling of the Katrina Pet Memorial for the animal victims of Hurricane Katrina. The Humane Society of New York named a wing after Lucky.
Guinness World Record
Lucky started posing for pictures with celebrities at a soiree in 2002. Hugh Grant was the first celebrity to have his picture taken with the Maltese. By November 2011, Lucky Diamond had posed for 363 photos with celebrities including Bill Clinton, Rosie O'Donnell, Kim Kardashian, Maria Sharapova, Kanye West, Betty White, Richard Branson, Barbara Walters, Hoda Kotb, Amanda Bynes, Cloris Leachman, Kelly Ripa, Kathy Griffin, Hugh Hefner, Jessica Biel, Adrien Brody, and Kristen Stewart. She has been photographed with more celebrities than any other animal. As of 2012, Lucky Diamond is still the record-holder.
- "GWR Day: From Kim Kardashian to Kanye West – how Lucky the dog bagged the most celebrity pictures world record". Guinnessworldrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Animal Most Photographed with Celebrities: 'Lucky' the dog sets world record (Video)". Worldrecordsacademy.org. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "The Brief and Influential History of Lucky Diamond". Animalfair.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "This Dog's Life: Wendy Diamond's Maltese Has a Meltdown". Observer.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Wendy And 'Lucky' Diamond Release 'It's A Dog's World'". Hamptons.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Our very own Dear Lucky has been Diagnosed with Spleen Cancer". Animalfair.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Katie Kindelan (2012-06-09). "Celebrity Dog 'Lucky' Dies of Cancer". abc news. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- "Lucky Diamond and President Obama's Dog Naming Political Party". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Author of 'It's A Dog's World' named celebrity Grand Marshal of Barkus". nola.com. 2010-01-19.
- "Barkus Parade Mardi Gras". answers.com. Archived from the original on 2011-03-08.
- "2010 Krewe Of Barkus Mardi Gras Parade". life.com. 2010-02-07.
- "ANIMAL ADVOCATES FRANCES HAYWARD & WENDY DIAMOND HOST KATRINA PET MEMORIAL & HUMANE SOCIETY OF LOUISIANA BENEFIT HOURS BEFORE ONSET OF HURRICANE GUSTÅV". blacktiemagazine.com.
- "Animal Fair Magazine's 6th Annual Yappy Hour Benefit". life.com.