|Born||1951 (age 65–66)
|Occupation||Film director and producer|
Luis Llosa was originally a film critic. He is known for his early Peruvian work, English-language exploitation films made for producer Roger Corman, and bigger-budget American films. His most well-known film, Anaconda, stars Jennifer Lopez, Ice Cube, Jon Voight, and Eric Stoltz. Anaconda was nominated for multiple Razzie Awards, including worst director, but it grossed $136 million worldwide and became a cult film.
He founded Iguana Productions, which produces Peruvian films and telenovelas such as Escándalo, Torbellino and Latin Lover.
- Hour of the Assassin (1987)
- Crime Zone (1989)
- Sniper (1993)
- Eight Hundred Leagues Down the Amazon (1993)
- Fire on the Amazon (1993)
- The Specialist (1994)
- Anaconda (1997)
- The Feast of the Goat (2005)
- Kellner, Elena (1993-01-28). "ENTERTAINMENT: Singer Guerra Back in Groove After Surgery". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2014-02-14.
- Middents, Jeffrey (2009). "Roger Corman Dis/covers Peru". In Ruétalo, Victoria; Tierney, Dolores. Latsploitation, Latin America, and Exploitation Cinema. Routledge. pp. 55–69. ISBN 9781135848774.
- "1997 Archive". Razzies.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Anaconda". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Tobias, Scott (2011-11-10). "Anaconda". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Chauvin, Lucien (2001-03-21). "Llosa fast becoming Peruvian go-to guy". Variety. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Estrada, Javier (2006-03-03). "La dictadura de Trujillo se metía hasta en las alcobas". El Mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Llosas in town to feast on the 'Goat'". Variety. 2006-02-11. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Foreign pics play Oscar-nom bingo". Variety. 2009-10-05. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Luis Llosa at the Internet Movie Database
- Iguana Producciones (Spanish)
- Iguana Producciones (Peru) at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a Peruvian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|