This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||RJ-IN|
|Vehicle registration||RJ 18-|
Luna is a village in Rajasthan, India, famous as the birthplace of Mehdi Hassan. It is a panchayat village in Al sisarTehseel of Jhunjhunu District.
Luna village might be the reference town for the famous motorette 'Luna' which was manufactured by Kinetic Industries of Uttar Pradesh in the late 1980s.
In the India census of 2001, the village of Luna had a population of 1,620. Males constituted 54.7% (886) of the population and females 45.3% (734), for a gender ratio of 828 females per thousand males.
- ^ "Luna villagers long for Mehdi Hasan's recovery". The Times of India. 31 March 2009. ISSN 0971-8257. Retrieved 8 May 2023.
- ^ 2011 Village Panchayat Code for Luna = 35635, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of luna, alsisar, jhunjhunu, Rajasthan". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. Archived from the original on 13 May 2013.
- ^ 2001 Census Village code for Luna = 01912700, "2001 Census of India: List of Villages by Tehsil: Rajasthan" (PDF). Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. p. 380. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 November 2011.
- ^ Bureau, BL Pune (26 December 2022). "Kinetic's iconic Luna to don e-avatar". www.thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 8 May 2023.
- ^ "Census 2001 Population Finder: Rajasthan: Jodhpur: Phalodi: Luna". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Archived from the original on 13 May 2013.