This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan
|Administrative division||Jaipur Division|
|Tehsils||1. Jhunjhunu, 2. Chirawa, 3. Buhana, 4. Khetri, 5. Nawalgarh, 6. Udaipurwati 7.Malsisar 8. Surajgarh|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Jhunjhunu|
|• Assembly seats||1. Jhunjhunu, 2. Mandwa, 3. Pilani, 4. Nawalgarh, 5. Khetri, 6. Udaipurwati, 7. Surajgarh|
|• Total||5,926 km2 (2,288 sq mi)|
|• Urban||22.89 percent|
|• Sex ratio||950|
|Major highways||State Highway 8|
The district falls within Shekhawati region, and is bounded on the northeast and east by Haryana state, on the southeast, south, and southwest by Sikar District, and on the northwest and north by Churu District.
According to the 2011 census Jhunjhunu district has a population of 2,139,658, roughly equal to the nation of Namibia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 214th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 361 inhabitants per square kilometre (930/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 11.81%. Jhunjhunun has a sex ratio of 950 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 74.72%.
Places of interest
- Ramakrishna Mission in the Khetri town of the district.
- Dhosi Hill
- Rani Sati Temple Jhunjhunu
- Khetri Mahal
- Netji Dada Temple, in the village of Khudania
- Shree Jhujhar ji Temple, Dhanuri
- Bhopal Garh Fort in Khetri
- Alsisar Mahal in Alsisar
- Shri Panchdeo Mandir
- Sculpture of Jujhar singh
- Havelis in Nawalgarh
- GogaMedi at Sotwara
- Science park in Nawalgarh
- Temple of Ramdevji in Nawalgarh (First one is in Ramdevra)
- Tibrewala and Modi Haveli
- Bissau Fort in Bissau
- Surajgarh Fort in Surajgarh
- Bissau Mahal in Jhunjhunu
- Shyamgarh Fort in Jhunjhunu
- Bishangarh Fort in Tamkor
- Gopinath Ji Mandir in Baragaon
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Famous copper mines are situated in the Khetri tehsil of the district. The Khetri Copper Complex of Hindustan Copper Limited is situated at a distance of 10 km from the Khetri town. It is the largest copper mine in India. It also has by-products i.e. sulphuric acid, fertilizer etc.
- Jhunjhunu Academy, Jhunjhunu
- BITS Pilani
- Shri Jagdish Prasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University.
- CSIR-CEERI, PILANI
- Keystone Group of Institutions, Surajgarh, Jhunjhunu
- Singhania University Pacheri
- Seth Motilal PG College, Jhunjhunu
- Sophia School, Khetri
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jhunjhunu
- Sports University, Jhunjhunu
- Sainik School, Jhunjhunu
- Bal sadhna senior secondary school,Gudha gorji jhunjhunu
- Tagore public school,Gudha gorji
- Gudha public school,gudha gorji
- Indra bal niketan,gudha gorji
- Tulsi public school, Mainas jjn
- Govt. Adarsh Sen. Sec. School, Kumawas, jhunjhunu
- Karmveer Choudhary is a Bollywood and television actor who was born in Alipur, Chirawa. He received the Best Villain award in 2014 at the Jaipur film festival.
- Govindram Sekhsaria was the cotton king in British India was born in NAWALGARH
- Ajay Piramal Piramal Group was born in Bagar, Jhunjhunu
- "Parliamentary Constituencies of Rajasthan" (PDF). http://188.8.131.52/home.html. 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-06-16. Retrieved 2012-02-23. External link in
- "Assembly Constituencies of Jhunjhunu district" (PDF). gisserver1.nic.in. 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-23.[permanent dead link]
- Jhunjhunu district (2011 Census of India)
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179