Lurie is a Jewish surname.
It is one of the oldest family trees in the world, tracing back at least to King David born c. 1037 BCE, and containing other storied members[clarification needed] such as Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Felix Mendelssohn, Martin Buber, Rashi, and Hezekiah.
The name is sometimes transliterated from/to other languages as Lurye, Luriye (from Russian), Lourié (in French).
The surname may refer to:
- Alison Lurie (born 1926), American novelist
- Bob Lurie (born 1929), former owner of the San Francisco Giants
- Dan Lurie (1923-2013), American body building and physical fitness pioneer
- David Lurie (born 1951), South African photographer
- Elliot Lurie (born 1948), lead guitarist and songwriter for the band Looking Glass
- Evan Lurie (born 1954), film and TV composer
- Jacob Lurie (born 1977), American mathematician, professor at Harvard University
- Jeffrey Lurie (born 1951), former Hollywood producer turned NFL team owner
- Jessica Lurie, American composer, performance artist and woodwind player,
- John Lurie (born 1952), American actor, musician, painter and producer
- Marty Lurie (born 1972), American professional wrestling manager
- Morris Lurie (1938-2014), Australian writer
- Peter Lurie (born 1962), American television personality
- Ranan Lurie (born 1932), American Israeli editorial cartoonist and journalist
- Rod Lurie (born 1962), Israeli-American director, screenwriter and former film critic
- Zvi Lurie (1906-1968), Israeli politician, signatory of the Israeli declaration of independence
- Peter Lurye, American composer and lyricist
|This page or section lists people with the surname Lurie. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|