Romano's Macaroni Grill
|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Founded||April 19, 1988|
|Founder||Philip J. Romano|
|Headquarters||9900 Westpark Dr #300
Houston, Texas, U.S. 77063
Number of locations
|Philip J. Romano
Norman E. Brinker
(pasta • pizza • chicken • seafood • salad)
Number of employees
|Parent||Redrock Partners LLC|
|Footnotes / references
Romano's Macaroni Grill is an American casual dining restaurant chain specializing in Italian-American cuisine. The company has over 200 locations around the world and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
The first restaurant was founded by Texas restaurateur Philip J. Romano in Leon Springs, Texas (now a district of San Antonio) on April 19, 1988. (The original location is now independently operated as The Grill at Leon Springs.)
Brinker announced on August 8, 2007, that it would begin exploring a buyer for the 230 company-owned stores. On December 18, 2008, Brinker announced that a majority stake in the chain was sold to Mac Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of Golden Gate Capital. As of June 29, 2011, Brinker still holds a 15.6% minority interest in the concept.
Romano's Macaroni Grill menu features items found in traditional cuisine from Italy and the Mediterranean area.The menu includes a custom-assembled pasta dish, with a choice of pastas, sauces, and toppings. Meals are served with complimentary bread and olive oil.
In addition to their restaurants, the brand also features a line of packaged food products based on dishes offered by the restaurant. The packages are manufactured by General Mills Restaurant Favorites line.
The company has international locations in many countries around the world, including:
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Puerto Rico
- "Information and FAQ". Romano's Macaroni Grill. 2011. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- Brinker International, Inc. (June 29, 2011). "FY 2011 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- Ignite Restaurant Group (March 12, 2013). "Ignite Restaurant Group Acquires Romano's Macaroni Grill".
- Maze, Jonathan (11 March 2015). "Why Ignite sold Macaroni Grill for so little". Nation's Restaurant News. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- Kezar, Korri (20 April 2015). "Ignite Restaurant Group sells Romano's Macaroni Grill for $8M". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Romano's Macaroni Grill Menu". Romano's Macaroni Grill. 2011. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- "General Mills: Macaroni Grill". General Mills Inc. 2012. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Romano's Macaroni Grill.|