Machias Valley Airport
|Machias Valley Airport|
|Owner||Town of Machias|
|Elevation AMSL||96 ft / 29 m|
Machias Valley Airport (ICAO: KMVM, FAA LID: MVM) is a town owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) southwest of the central business district of Machias, a town in Washington County, Maine, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility. The airport was once served by commercial airline service on Northeast Airlines.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned MVM by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MVM to Kayenta Airport in Kayenta, Arizona). The airport's ICAO identifier is KMVM.
Facilities and aircraft
Machias Valley Airport covers an area of 30 acres (12 ha) at an elevation of 96 feet (29 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 2,909 by 60 feet (887 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 16, 2011, the airport had 1,600 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 133 per month. At that time there were 9 aircraft based at this airport, all single-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MVM ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Machias Valley Airport (ICAO: KMVM, FAA: MVM, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Kayenta-Monument Valley Airport, AZ (IATA: MVM)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Machias Valley – MVM (KMVM)". National Flight Data Center. Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved July 28, 2012. External link in
- (PDF), effective 27 Apr 2017, Federal Aviation Administration External link in
- Aerial image as of May 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MVM, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: