|Madai Thirandhu (Tamil) /|
|Produced by||S. N. Rajarajan|
|Music by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Edited by||Gopi Krishna|
Madai Thirandhu, titled 1945 in Telugu is an upcoming Indian Tamil-Telugu bilingual period film, directed by Sathyasiva of Kazhugu fame and produced by S. N. Rajarajan of K Productions. The film features Rana Daggubati and Regina Cassandra in lead roles along with veterans Sathyaraj and Nassar slated for a pivotal roles.
Sathyasiva first began scripting the film in mid-2015 and approached Jiiva to play the lead role, but the film did not find producers. S. N. Rajarajan, who won the rights for Baahubali: The Conclusion is bankrolling this big budgeted bilingual project, being helmed by Sathyasiva. As Rana Daggubati was picked to play the lead due to closeness of the producer, Regina Cassandra was chosen to pair with Rana after considering several heroines. Later Nasser and Sathyaraj, were also chosen to play important roles than supporting ones. Yuvan Shankar Raja has been roped in compose music for the project. The rest of the cast and crew are awaited to be revealed.
The principal photography has been commenced at Kochi since 19 August 2016. Depicting Subhas Chandra Bose's Independence movement in the 1940s, huge sets have been erected along the beach for this period drama as the portions for Nasser and Regina Cassandra is being canned. Satyaraj is expected to join the next schedule of shoot in September and Rana Daggubati likely to join the production unit shortly once he wraps Baahubali: The Conclusion. A schedule was completed in October 2017 at Kochi in Kerala and Sri Lanka. Rana Daggubati went clean shaven for a portion of the film.
- Prakash, Upadhyaya (28 September 2016). "Baahubali star Rana Daggubati denies working with Mohanlal". IB Times. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "K Productions Rajarajan to release 'Baahubali 2' in TN". Sify. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Sharanya, C R (6 August 2016). "Regina Cassandra to play the lead in Rana's film". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Sharanya, C R (25 August 2016). "Sathyaraj, Nasser to join Rana's film". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Rajarajan bags TN theatrical rights of Baahubali 2". The New Indian Express. 17 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Telugu-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|