Daggubati in 2011
14 December 1984 
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Visual effects coordinator
|Height||6 ft 3.5 in (191.8 cm)|
|Parent(s)||Suresh Babu Daggubati
|Relatives||D. Ramanaidu (grandfather)
Naga Chaitanya (cousin)
Rana Daggubati better known as Rana, is an Indian film producer, visual effects co-ordinator, photographer and actor known for his works in Telugu cinema and Bollywood. As a Visual Effects producer through Spirit Media, Rana won the State Nandi Award for Best Special Effects in 2006 for the Telugu film Sainikudu starring Mahesh Babu. In 2006, his production company "Spirit Media (P) Ltd." received the National Film Award for co-producing Bommalata – A Bellyful of Dreams. In 2010, He made his acting debut with the Telugu blockbuster Leader for which he received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South.
Rana Daggubati then made his acting debut in 2010, as the lead actor in the political thriller Leader. He made his Bollywood debut with the Hindi film Dum Maaro Dum which released on 22 April 2011. The Times of India called it a "dashing debut". He was voted 'The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011 in the Times Of India poll. He was listed at number 20, on the Times of India's Most Desirable Men for the year 2011. Later, in the year 2012, he was voted as 10th most desirable man in India, in the poll conducted by The Times of India.
Later in 2011 he played a professional killer in the film Nenu Naa Rakshasi under Puri Jagannath's direction, which became a box office bomb. His first release in 2012 was Naa Ishtam and it was followed by his second Hindi film Department. He next starred in Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum directed by Krish which became a box office success. He made his debut in Tamil through Ajith Kumar's Aarambam. In 2013 he secured two big budget projects, Gunasekhar's Rudhramadevi and S. S. Rajamouli's Baahubali in which he has a negative role,. Rana did a cameo role in Ayan Mukerji's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu - Co-producer (Spirit Media) - A Bellyful of Dreams (2006)
Rana had been close to co-star Trisha Krishnan for several years. Recently, they attended a wedding reception together and posted a selfie among other lovey-dovey things. However, there have been reports of a break-up though this is yet to be confirmed by the two actors. There have also been rumors linking Rana with several of his co-stars most notably Bipasha Basu.
- As producer and visual effects supervisor
|2004||Bommalata||Producer||Telugu||National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu|
|2006||Sainikudu||Visual effects coordinator||Telugu||Nandi Award for Best Special Effects|
- As actor
|1||2010||Leader||Arjun Prasad||Telugu||Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South
CineMAA Award for Best Male Debut
|2||2011||Dum Maaro Dum||DJ Joki Fernandes||Hindi||Zee Cine Award for Best Male Debut
Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut
|3||2011||Nenu Naa Rakshasi||Abhimanyu||Telugu|
|6||2012||Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum||B.Tech Babu||Telugu||SIIMA Award for Best Actor (Critics)|
|7||2013||Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani||Vikram||Hindi||Cameo appearance|
|8||2013||Something Something||Himself||Telugu||Cameo appearance|
|10||2015||Baby||Jai Singh Rathore||Hindi|
|14||2015||Arjun, Divya Matrum Karthik||Shiva||Tamil||Filming|
|15||2015||Achcham Enbadhu Madamaiyada||Tamil||Filming|
- "Happy Birthday "Fire Star"". Maastars.com. 14 December 2013.
- Rajamani, Radhika (24 November 2009). "An entrepreneur who acts too". Rediff. Retrieved 24 October 2010.
- The multifaceted ‘leader' - The Hindu
- "53rd National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. pp. 93–94. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "The new entrants in Times 50 Most Desirable Men 2011". The Times Of India. 4 February 2012.
- "Rana Daggubati's a family man". The Times Of India. 19 June 2011.
- "Dum Maaro Dum-Gripping thriller". Times of India. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011 - Male - The Times of India". The Times of India. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Times Most Desirable Men of 2011: Rana Daggubati - No. 20 - Video". The Times Of India.
- "Bipasha is like family: Rana Daggubati". The Times Of India. 16 December 2011.
- "Rana Daggubati turns professional killer - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-04-27. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Allu Arjun rejects Ileana - Telugu Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2011-06-21. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "'Leader' to 'Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum': Why hasn't Rana Daggubati found a foothold yet?|South Cinema Photos-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum heads towards Rs 45-cr collections". Business Standard. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- : Shekhar (2012-12-03). "Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum strikes gold at Box Office - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- P Sangeetha, TNN Aug 17, 2012, 10.53AM IST (2012-08-17). "Rana shoots with Ajith". The Times of India. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Rana as Chalukya in Anushka's Rudrama Devi". The Times of India. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Director Rajamouli in location hunt for Bahubali". The Times of India. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Rana's cameo in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani | Bollywood News | Hindi Movies News | News". BollywoodHungama.com. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "The bold step by Trisha and Rana Daggubati". Deccan Chronicle. 2014-08-20. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "Rana-Trisha selfie creates a flutter". Times Of India. 2014-09-11. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "Post Break-Up with Trisha, Rana Daggubati Set to Mingle with Ex-Lover Bipasha Basu!". International Business Times. 2014-11-11. Retrieved 2014-12-22.