Rana Daggubati in 2013
|Native name||రామానాయుడు దగ్గుబాటి|
14 December 1984 
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Parent(s)||Daggubati Suresh Babu
|Relatives||D. Ramanaidu (grandfather)
Naga Chaitanya (cousin)
Rana Daggubati, better known as Rana, is an Indian film actor, producer, Visual Effects co-ordinator, and photographer known for his works in Telugu cinema and Bollywood. As a Visual Effects producer, Rana won the State Nandi Award for Best Special Effects in 2006 for the Telugu film Sainikudu starring Mahesh Babu. In 2006, he received the National Film Award for co-producing Bommalata – A Bellyful of Dreams.
In 2010, he made his acting debut with the Telugu blockbuster Leader, for which he won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South. He received critical acclaim for his performance in the 2012 crime thriller film Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum. In 2015, he starred as the main antagonist in Baahubali: The Beginning, which recorded the highest gross opening for an Indian film.
Rana was born on 14 of December 1984, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, to Telugu film producer Daggubati Suresh Babu. His paternal grandfather was D. Ramanaidu, a famous film producer who was conferred with the third highest civilian award in the Republic of India, the Padma Bhushan, in recognition for his contribution to Telugu cinema. His paternal uncle Venkatesh and his cousin Naga Chaitanya are also actors in Telugu Cinema.
Rana made his Bollywood debut with the film Dum Maaro Dum which released on 22 April 2011. The Times of India called it a "dashing debut". He was voted 'The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011' in the Times Of India poll. He was listed at number 20, on the Times of India's Most Desirable Men for the year 2011. In 2012, he was voted as 10th most desirable man in India, in the poll conducted by The Times of India.
He played a professional killer in the film Nenu Naa Rakshasi under Puri Jagannath's direction, which was a box office bomb. His first release in 2012 was Naa Ishtam which was followed by his second Hindi film Department. He next starred in Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum directed by Krish which became a box office success. He made his debut in Tamil through Ajith Kumar's Aarambam. In 2013 he secured two big budget projects, Gunasekhar's Rudhramadevi and S. S. Rajamouli's Baahubali in which he is the lead antagonist. Rana did a cameo role in Ayan Mukerji's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. Bahubali was released worldwide in July 2015 and achieved huge success across the globe. Rana played "Bhallala Deva", the cousin of protagonist Bahubali, who had negative shades and received unexpected appreciation from critics. The movie collected over ₹ 500 crores worldwide and is the highest grosser among the south Indian movies.
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu - Co-producer (Spirit Media) - A Bellyful of Dreams (2006)
- As producer and visual effects supervisor
|2004||Bommalata||Producer||Telugu||National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu|
|2006||Sainikudu||Visual effects coordinator||Telugu||Nandi Award for Best Special Effects|
- As actor
|2010||Leader||Arjun Prasad||Telugu||Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South
CineMAA Award for Best Male Debut
|2011||Dum Maaro Dum||DJ Joki Fernandes||Hindi||Zee Cine Award for Best Male Debut
Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut
|2011||Nenu Naa Rakshasi||Abhimanyu||Telugu|
|2012||Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum||B.Tech Babu||Telugu||SIIMA Award for Best Actor (Critics)|
|2013||Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani||Vikram||Hindi||Cameo appearance|
|2013||Something Something||Himself||Telugu||Cameo appearance|
|2015||Baby||Jai Singh Rathore||Hindi|
|2015||Baahubali: The Beginning||Bhallala Deva||Telugu|
|2016||Arjun, Divya Matrum Karthik||Shiva||Tamil||Filming|
|2016||Achcham Enbadhu Madamaiyada||Tamil|
|2016||Baahubali: The Conclusion||Bhallala Deva||Telugu|
- "Happy Birthday "Fire Star"". Maastars.com. 14 December 2015.
- Rajamani, Radhika (24 November 2009). "An entrepreneur who acts too". Rediff. Retrieved 24 October 2010.
- The multifaceted ‘leader' - The Hindu
- "53rd National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. pp. 93–94. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- Mike McCahill. "Baahubali: The Beginning review – fantastic bang for your buck in most expensive Indian movie ever made". the Guardian.
- Sangeetha Devi Dundoo. "Baahubali review: A little more, a little less". The Hindu.
- "Bahubali First Day Box Office".
- "The new entrants in Times 50 Most Desirable Men 2011". The Times Of India. 4 February 2012.
- "Rana Daggubati's a family man". The Times Of India. 19 June 2011.
- "Veteran southern producer D. Rama Naidu gets Padma Bhushan". Zee News.
- "Dum Maaro Dum-Gripping thriller". Times of India. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011 - Male - The Times of India". The Times of India. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Times Most Desirable Men of 2011: Rana Daggubati - No. 20 - Video". The Times Of India.
- "Bipasha is like family: Rana Daggubati". The Times Of India. 16 December 2011.
- "Rana Daggubati turns professional killer - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-04-27. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Allu Arjun rejects Ileana - Telugu Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2011-06-21. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "'Leader' to 'Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum': Why hasn't Rana Daggubati found a foothold yet?|South Cinema Photos-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum heads towards Rs 45-cr collections". Business Standard. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- : Shekhar (2012-12-03). "Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum strikes gold at Box Office - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- P Sangeetha, TNN Aug 17, 2012, 10.53AM IST (2012-08-17). "Rana shoots with Ajith". The Times of India. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Rana as Chalukya in Anushka's Rudrama Devi". The Times of India. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Director Rajamouli in location hunt for Bahubali". The Times of India. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Rana's cameo in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani | Bollywood News | Hindi Movies News | News". BollywoodHungama.com. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2013-05-05.