Mohakhali Bus terminal is one of the most important terminals of Dhaka city. Every day thousands of people, particularly from greater Mymensingh region, travel by this bus terminal. It also has several gas stations. On its north there is Banani. Moghbazaar on its south and Gulshan on East. Directorate General Health Service (DGHS), Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS), Govt IHT (Institute of Health Technology, Dhaka), ICDDR'B, BRAC University, Government Titumir College, and Gausul Azam Masque are situated in Mohakhali.
The 1st flyover of Bangladesh is located here. Mohakhali fly-over, the first of its kind was open to traffic on November 2004. The construction started in December 2001. The flyover has a total length of 1.12 km with a total 19 nos. of span of pre-stressed segmental box girder profile. It has two lane carriageway of 7.5 m with 0.6 m footpath on both sides. On both sides, ramps are supported and constructed on anchored retaining wall. Total cost of construction is estimated now to be US$19 million. The flyover is expected to ease the traffic congestion at Mohakhali railway crossing.
Mohakhali General Market is situated beside the flyover bridge close to the Dhaka-Mymenshingh highway. Once it was a hawker's market but in 1983 the Dhaka City Corporation built a two-storied modern building as part of the market. There are now 216 shops on two floors of this market that sell fish, meat, vegetables, eggs, rice and all kinds of daily needs on the ground floor and groceries, stationery, garment accessories, electric items on the second floor. A mosque is located on the first floor of this market.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mohakhali.|
- "Body, hanging from tree, found in Mohakhali". The Daily Star. 2017-01-08. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Korail fire: 400 shanties gutted". The Daily Star. 2016-12-04. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Hundreds of shanties gutted as fire erupts at Dhaka's Karhail slum". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "100 shanties gutted in Mohakhali slum fire". The Daily Star. 2016-12-12. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- মহাখালী বাস টার্মিনাল [Mohakhali bus terminal]. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Dhaka braces for traffic snarl-up". The Daily Star. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
|This Dhaka Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|